Karahe Beach Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Arboleda(Manuel Antonio)
View Hotel
Hotel Costa Verde(Manuel Antonio)
View Hotel
Hotel Verde Mar(Manuel Antonio)
View Hotel
Hotel Coco Beach(Manuel Antonio)
View Hotel
Hotel Vela Bar(Manuel Antonio)
  • Breakfast included
Cabinas Espadilla(Manuel Antonio)
Hotel Villabosque(Manuel Antonio)
View Hotel
Hotel Playa Espadilla(Manuel Antonio)
View Hotel
Hotel Casitas Eclipse(Manuel Antonio)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbeachfront roombeach accessnational parkhill sidethird floorcosta ricarice and beansshort walkcloser to the beachmanuel antonio parkbeach towelssmall poolrestaurants and shopscanopy tourcapuchin monkeyspineapplestandard room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 January 2014

The only thing this hotel has going for it is amazing front office staff - the ladies there are soo helpful and nice! Karahe only goes downhill from there... the location is good, except the insanely loud road noise from every vehicle that passed by, and the nightclub Liquid right across the street. We heard the music EVERY SINGLE NIGHT - started at 9PM and went until 3:30AM. Except on Sunday, when the music started at 3PM. We had two iphones and an ipad buzzing with white noise and could STILL hear the music (you could almost feel the music vibrating). Then the actual room... it's dirty. The hotel in general is old and could benefit immensely from a little bit of new paint and grout to sparkle things up. We found 2 roaches and several worms on the floor (i understand this is the jungle in Costa Rica, but still....) I showered with my flipflops on and didnt want to touch anything in the room. One positive, is that the AC blasts freezing cold air, so it made it a little easier to sleep. But when I laid down i stared up at the ceiling full of what I'm pretty sure was black mold. If it wasnt mold then it was just grime and dirt. The floors/walls seemed dirty, and dont get me started on the bedspread. I did everything I could to avoid my room except to shower & go to bed... I didnt want to spend any extra time in there. I am all for value, and this room was a decent value at just over $100 night. But I can only do value when it's combined with cleanliness, and I didnt feel that at Karahe. I stayed in one of the standard rooms, so i can't speak for the superior or "beachfront" rooms (mind you these are still at least 100 yards away from the beach), but had space been available I would have upgraded to one of those sight unseen in the hopes that they were slightly nicer or cleaner. Complimentary breakfast at the restaurant was good - definitely above average compared to other continental breakfasts but other than breakfast, the restaurant is terrible. We ordered several things and the only thing we liked were the fries. :) The hotel had complimentary chairs on the beach, which was also a plus. If I return to Manuel Antonio I won't return to Karahe, but will look for another place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dana K
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Karahe was a good place. The location was great, close enough to walk along the beach or road to restaurants, shops, and the park. The beach in front of the hotel was nice with complimentary chairs, although we went off to some of the more secluded sections of the beach so we only used them once. The rooms were ok. Our room was clean, however, you can hear every door slam in the seaside rooms as well as the people walking (or running as ours seemed to be) above us. Our air conditioner worked but the first night it seemed to have gotten tired and woke me up as it sounded like someone running through a grocery store and slamming their buggy into racks (we finally got accustomed to this at night). The staff were friendly and helpful. The restaurant is terrible, do not go there! We ate their on our first night since we had been driving all day and did not want to go out. We had a quesadilla and quesoburguesa. The burger was so terrible I had two bites and then could not stomach it anymore. I am not sure what kind of meat it even was. The breakfast buffet was acceptable but is unchanging. Overall the hotel was okay but we will be looking for other accommodations next time we visit.

Room Tip: If you stay in the seaside rooms ask for one on the far right (they are the only ones with an ocean view).
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My stay at Hotel Karahe was wonderful. The hotel staff is awesome. The rooms are kept clean. Clean towels everyday. The hotel offered a complimentary breakfast (about a $10-15 dollar value) which is more than enough to start your day. The reason I chose this hotel is because it is situated steps from the beach, which is Manuel Antonio's Gem of a beach. The hotel offers chairs for you to use on the beach, which would normally cost you $10 per day. The room has a mini fridg. to store some beers, water and juices. Mention my name Arthur Lopez if booking in 2013. I stayed there 9 nights :) They may offer you a discount.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ElMexicano2013
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Wonderful setting. Beautiful views. Bursting with wildlife. Clean and staff were super friendly!

Iguanas, Monkeys (Howler, White faced, Squirrel), Squirrels, Birds, Butterflies, Capybura... Etc. this place is a wildlife enthusiasts dream.

The staff are so helpful. The rooms are cleaned everyday and supplied with fresh towels, which was a different animal each day - towel oregami. Food was good and the restaurant is on the beach!

We stayed in Villa 3 and loved it so much we have already booked our next holiday here... In the same Villa!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scott M
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We have spent three nights at this hotel. Hotel was average. Room was small and dark.
Furniture of the room was old and dirty.
View of the hotel garden was nice. Breakfast was good, but lunch or dinner we didn't have, because the restaurant wasn't looking good for us.
Wifi only on balcony and poor signal strenght.
The beach was long and clean, but many people there.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple