“Excellent for the price”

Hotel Las Tres Banderas
Ranked #34 of 46 Hotels in Manuel Antonio
Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
“Excellent for the price”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Skip 2 for 1 drinks and come to tres banderas 20% off from 2pm to 6 pm. Rooms are clean and comfortable . Staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. You cannot beat this place for the price as long as you do not expect the Beverly Hills Hilton. Breakfast is included and the coffee is the best drip coffee I have had on the trip. The pool is well maintained and clean. The food at the restaurant is fabulous. Smells like authentic Italian cooking!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dena N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Middletown, Connecticut
Reviewed 3 April 2014

First off, I must say my sister and two college friends of mine stayed at this hotel the second week of March 2014. It was awesome! Staff was friendly and helpful, food was delicious, area was beautiful, rooms were clean, pool was refreshing. I don't have any bad thing to say about the place. For all of those people out there writing some of these negative reviews (and I believe some of these reviews were from people who went the same week) it is ridiculous to me. Does the place need a facelift? Yes, but nothing major at that. You get what you paid for and then some. Rates are reasonable. If you expected 5 star ammentities and service you should have stayed at an all inclusive and paid the extra 500/600 bux, but I can almost guarantee you'd be complaining about the same things if not more. Some people can't be pleased no matter what. As far as the "hostility" of the staff, most of them did not speak English which is why you felt they were hostile...They all had great personalities. They made the effort just like you should have done, I mean, you are in their country. And the food portion sizes, they def. were not small. I was extremely full after all the meals I had there. Breakfast was cooked to order for you every day, it wasn't buffet style which was extremely nice. Everything was super fresh. I really can't wait to go back. I def. recommend this place and really hope you don't listen to the negative reviews. Vacations are what you make of them. Some people just find it easier to be miserable. The only reason for the lesser "sleep" quality is because there is a bird in Costa Rica that literally acts/sounds like an alarm clock hahaha. Very funny.

Room Tip: Rooms are all pretty relatively the same. If you stay on the second floor you have to walk up a fli...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Leslie S
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Tres Banderas is not among the top listed hotels but it is a good option. I've stayed only 1 night in my visit to Manuel Antonio. 3 adults and 1 infant, we've got a nice room big enough for 1 night considering the amount of people on my group. Breakfast was very good, pool was quite nice, especially with the high temperatures. It is half way between Quepos and the park so if you are driving it is quite easy to get to both places. I did not have dinner at the hotel so I cannot say much about the food besides breakfast. Thank you Andy!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 23 March 2014

My family took two rooms there for one night in mid-March and were quite pleased. We loved the location (between Quepos and the national park), the jungle-y setting (monkey and toucan sightings from the swimming pool), the pool itself, the restaurant, and the helpfulness of the owner and his staff. Some sour reviews we'd read almost caused us to change our minds about this stay, but in the end we were all glad we didn't. Andy, the owner, seems gruff at first, but if you take the trouble to be friendly yourself you get the same in return. We wouldn't hesitate to come back.

Room Tip: Definitely want a room overlooking the pool and surrounding trees. Bring binoculars, because there w...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Strathmore
Reviewed 22 March 2014

PROS - nice pool, actively renovating, AC, lizard watching.

CONS - Room was run down, WIFI was very slow everywhere, lumpy pillows, service was below Tico quality - clearly put most of their effort into their restaurant which was plated well but hugely overpriced as well as having small portions. Jungle beach hotel was much better in general.

Room Tip: ask about renovations
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Manuel Antonio hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night. We had an excellent meal at the restaurant. The room was very large. There were three adults.

It is definitely a budget hotel, but your not travelling to Costa Rica to hang out at the hotel. The pool was clean and refreshing. The shower was hot. The a/c worked, so no complaints out of me.

Stayed January 2014
Loveland, Colorado
Reviewed 13 March 2014

The staff was so unhappy my husband and I were concerned something bad may be happening at this hotel behind the scenes. None of them smiled and some were openly hostile. Our sheets were cheap and did not stay on the mattress. My first morning I was very tired and walked up to where they were cooking breakfast. I had no idea what the process was. The cook just stood and stared at me and made a rude expression. I didn't know what food was offered, if I was supposed to order etc. Very concerning vibe at this place., every else we were on Costa Rica staff were friendly and helpful. What is going on at this hotel???

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple