Because there were 3 of us, we opted for Casa Panorama, a two story, two-bedroom/two-bath villa at Tulemar Gardens. It was perfect! Our concierge, Kimberly Barron, was totally outgoing and helpful.. one of the kind of people you want to be friends with. The view was spectacular, the beach lovely, and the kayaks and boogyboards and beachchairs are free. You don't have to worry about picking your place, paying for everything and having vendors. It is totally private, with a bar which also makes lunch. The best pina coladas ever.. made with fresh pineapple. It has several pools to choose from, with everything overlooking the ocean. Kimberly arranged a great ziplining tour with Canopy tours. The guides were very professional, so we could relax and have fun. Kimberly also arranged horseback riding on the Savegre Horseback Tours (the ridingadventure.com). And don't let wonderful Diego, our cowboy leader, fool you. He has an economics degree from the U.S. I strongly recommend this company. It was the widest beach I've ever seen (and I grew up on the Gulf Coast). We only saw two fishermen the entire time. Compare this to the others which go on crowded public beaches and pick their way around. You can run with the wind in the waves for as far as you can see on this tour. We rented a car, and once we got out of San Jose', the drive wasn't bad at all on the new highway, maybe 2 1/2 hours. There are plenty of restaurants on the road leading to Manuel Antonio, and some very nice ones. You don't even need to go into town. Enjoy!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tulemar is the premier resort development in Manuel Antonio. Gated and secure, the 33 acre jungle resort is perched on the hillside overlooking the Pacific, but continues down all the way to our own beach. It includes the Tulemar Bungalows and our special and unique villas such as Villa Mot Mot, Casa Panorama, Casa de Frutas, Casa Las Nubes, Villa Kiskadee and the new Tulemar Bamboo Villas just for couples. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Tulemar Bungalows And Villas
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Tulemar Hotel
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio