We stayed here for our honeymoon. The beach there was great. The room was clean and comfortable and had a fantastic view. There are enough places nearby to walk around and get food and shop a little bit without having to go to Quepos if you don't want to. The staff was very friendly and our concierge was there nearly 24/7. I don't think Orlando ever went off the clock. The food and drink here was a bit on the pricey side but nothing unexpected at all. $9 for most mixed drinks and $4 for beer. Local places were $2.50-$4 for beer and you get a great beach to enjoy your drink at.
There is a lot of wildlife around the property as well. We saw a sloth, numerous lizards, one snake, and 2 different species of monkeys. Best place we stayed at on our whole trip to Costa Rica.
We also had the private dining once as a gift from family for our wedding and it was great. They set us up right on the beach after sundown, put out tons of candles and had 4 or 5 staff down there just for us to make sure it was a great meal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tulemar is the premier resort development in Manuel Antonio. Gated and secure, the 33 acre jungle resort is perched on the hillside overlooking the Pacific, but continues down all the way to our own beach. It includes the Tulemar Bungalows and our special and unique villas such as Villa Mot Mot, Casa Panorama, Casa de Frutas, Casa Las Nubes, Villa Kiskadee and the new Tulemar Bamboo Villas just for couples. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Tulemar Bungalows And Villas
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Tulemar Hotel
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio