We recently had a terrific stay at Villa Mot Mot (Tulemar). The place is very cozy and all the amenities you'd need to make your stay plush. Deck and furniture were wonderful also. View is also top-shelf, and even though you're close to other units there wasn't a lot of noise at night. As with other reviews, lots of monkeys stopped by and loved to play in the hammock. Also saw lots of other animals around the property, sloths, iguanas, etc., so (to be totally truthful) we didn't see a big need to visit the Nat'l Park. (Where the beach seems to get more and more packed each year, and animals were no more numerous than in Tulemar.) We loved all the help there, from the restaurant staff (who delivered great pizzas in the rain), to the helpful beach staff. Also Diego and Vanessa answered a LOT of silly / dumb questions prior to, and during, our visit. We are very appreciative. Bill, our general concierge, was also available always to help us (loan us an extra cooler, give us tips on where to eat, etc.) We had our own car (and I've seen some folks complain about the hills) but we didn't find this to be a huge problem. (To each his own, but I love to have my own wheels.) Shuttles run all the time for those who choose not to have a car.
Manuel Antonio has really grown in 20 years we've been going there, but Tulemar and Mot Mot are like a small oasis.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tulemar is the premier resort development in Manuel Antonio. Gated and secure, the 33 acre jungle resort is perched on the hillside overlooking the Pacific, but continues down all the way to our own beach. It includes the Tulemar Bungalows and our special and unique villas such as Villa Mot Mot, Casa Panorama, Casa de Frutas, Casa Las Nubes, Villa Kiskadee and the new Tulemar Bamboo Villas just for couples. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Tulemar Bungalows And Villas
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Tulemar Hotel
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio