We arrived in the evening after dark, ate at the restaurant on site, and settled comfortably into our Tulemar bungalow. Nothing prepared us for the spectacular view we awoke to! We knew it was nestled in the rainforest, but we didn't expect the dramatic ocean view. The bungalow was very comfortable. The A/C was fantastic...and cools the entire place in just seconds. We loved the 4 pools (the view from the family pool was our fave!) but the water in each was warmer than we would have liked. The private beach made up for that. Watching the tide come in, kayaking, boogie boarding, and ordering lunch on the beach (the fish tacos are to die for!) ---we could've stayed at the beach for days. We hiked the north trail from the beach and were so glad we did. The lookout points were well-appointed and the views fantastic. Luis, our driver, showed us sloths and howler monkeys; a toucan greeted us in the morning and the black and red crabs and a friendly iguana rounded out our wildlife sightings-- we cancelled our plans to go to Manuel Antonio State Park as everything we hoped to see was there on site. Parking was very convenient. Ashley was available to answer any questions and her restaurant recommendation - Dos Locos-- was a hit. The next time we will definitely add a couple more days to our Tulemar stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tulemar is the premier resort development in Manuel Antonio. Gated and secure, the 33 acre jungle resort is perched on the hillside overlooking the Pacific, but continues down all the way to our own beach. It includes the Tulemar Bungalows and our special and unique villas such as Villa Mot Mot, Casa Panorama, Casa de Frutas, Casa Las Nubes, Villa Kiskadee and the new Tulemar Bamboo Villas just for couples. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Tulemar Bungalows And Villas
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Tulemar Hotel
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio