I selected Tulemar based on the reviews I read here; even though I still had my doubts and thought maybe they sounded too good to be true.
What can I say, this place is amazing. I literally just got back yesterday and could not wait to talk about it. The resort is beautiful, immaculately kept, and the service is outstanding. The pictures on the website don't do them justice. You'll pretty much have breathtaking views no matter where you go on the property - your room, the pool, the restaurant, etc. I traveled with my 60-yr old mom and my 15-year old niece, and all 3 generations were thoroughly pleased.
We stayed in one of the bungalows, which have 360 views yet still maintain privacy. They are adorable, really makes you feel like you're in a big tree house, with all the comforts of home. Our bungalow didn't include a stove, which was fine since we ate out every meal, but we still had a fridge for drinks and dishes along with a toaster, microwave, and coffee maker for afternoon & midnight snacking. The maid service is outstanding, kept the place neat, even with a teenager staying there.
The private beach is beautiful! Getting there can be a challenge if you're not into walking hills but the shuttle is always available and the drivers are always so friendly and happy to help. If walking the hill isn't enough for you, the property has 2 hiking trails that provided good exercise and great scenery; one of the trails leads you to a beautiful waterfall, which was a nice surprise.
My concierge was Chris, and he was awesome. The first night he took the time to drive me to the store to get some drinks and snacks for my family. He checked in on me frequently and was very helpful in recommending things to do and places to eat. He helped me with everything from arranging transportation to/from the airport to making dinner reservations for us. He even set up a nice surprise for my family on our last night out. This was truly first-class service. The rest of the property staff is so friendly and attentive, what a great group of people!
I will definitely be going back to Costa Rica in the future. Regardless of which area I visit, I will make sure to include a couple of nights back in Tulemar. They really raised the bar on accommodations and service, so I can only hope that other "luxury" resorts can live up to the high standards that Tulemar sets for its guests. Pura vida, indeed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tulemar is the premier resort development in Manuel Antonio. Gated and secure, the 33 acre jungle resort is perched on the hillside overlooking the Pacific, but continues down all the way to our own beach. It includes the Tulemar Bungalows and our special and unique villas such as Villa Mot Mot, Casa Panorama, Casa de Frutas, Casa Las Nubes, Villa Kiskadee and the new Tulemar Bamboo Villas just for couples. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Tulemar Bungalows And Villas
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Tulemar Hotel
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio