Hotel Mimos
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Villas Mymosa(Manuel Antonio)
Very Good 4/5
Good 3.5/5
Casa Hotel Mare Nostrvm(Manuel Antonio)
  • Free Internet
Hotel California(Manuel Antonio)
Very Good 4/5
Hotel Plaza Yara(Manuel Antonio)
  • Beachfront
  • Room Service
Gaia Hotel & Reserve(Manuel Antonio)
Excellent 5/5
Great 4.5/5
Las Cascadas The Falls(Manuel Antonio)
Great 4.5/5
Hotel Las Tres Banderas(Manuel Antonio)
Good 3.5/5
All reviewshoneymoon suitegenerous hospitalitycosta ricalarge bedthe air conditioningincluded breakfastpool towelsnational parkbus stopmain roadbeautiful roompoolsqueposmanuelparquetourbeaches
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Stayed may 6,-17, 2013 at Hotel Mimos, we were only planning to stay 3 nights but we spent the whole vacation there. The staff was the best part of the entire trip, the restaurant was out favorite of the whole trip. The whole staff needs five stars, the rooms were clean and well cared for. I feel sure you can find a nicer motel but i'm not looking, planning a return visit soon, Mimo's will be my first call.

Room Tip: 22 was the best of out stay, liked them all.
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Our group stayed here for one day and night. Everyone enjoyed the pool and I liked my room just fine. I will say that it is possible to see into other people's shower while walking around outside, but we didn't have a problem with that. The A/C worked great and the shower was nice and hot. The pool up above was a little colder than the one down lower. All in all, a great bargain for our group. We had a very good breakfast and the service at the bar was great! I walked into the town below in less than 30 minutes, but it is a windy road with a lot of blind corners.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

We loved Hotel Mimos! The hotel's grounds are gorgeous with two pools, a jacuzzi, and a pool side restaurant and bar! The wifi, A/C, and water pressure were excellent and the staff was friendly and knowledge. Our room was beautiful with a private balcony with a beautiful view of the hotel pool area. We watched monkeys in the trees not even 5 feet from our breakfast table in the mornings. It's a little ways from the main Manuel Antonio area and beach but only costs $4 to get there by taxi and the distance just added to the quiet, peaceful atmosphere! We didn't want to leave!

Reviewed 21 May 2013

I have just returned home from a two week vacation in Costa Rica.....10 of the best days spent at Mimos Hotel, in Manuel Antonio. I have been traveling to Costa Rica for over seventeen years, living there full time for a number of years, and then part time up until three years ago, at which time I gave up my house. The only reason I state this is to make you aware that I know the area intimately, watching it grow to what it is today. When I returned to Costa Rica in 2009 I had to choose a hotel from the hundreds available...I chose Mimos and knew immediately that I had found my second home! I have returned for extended stays five times since then, and each and every time have been welcomed back and treated like " family" by everyone. This trip was no exception. This year I came with two friends (their first trip to Costa Rica) and they were completely in awe with Mimos, the staff, and their time there. Mimos is a small hotel, with rooms ranging from basic room to two bedroom suites, (junior suites and honeymoon suite in between) and all are all delightful...I have stayed in most of them. Clean, spacious, private balcony's and fully equipped. There are two pools, with seating all around both, and towels in the office for drying off. The restaurant is wonderful, opening at 6:30 in the morning so you can get your coffee/breakfast before starting day trips and closes when the last guest leaves at night. The food is excellent, and very reasonably priced. Being small gives Mimos the ability to have the "hands on" approach with their guests, and they do it with great skill. I can not say enough good things about the staff at Mimos....they are wonderful. Last but not least, Giancarlo and Rebecca, I thank you once again for a most memorable visit and stay. You always make me feel welcomed and special, but this trip you also made my friends feel the same, they can not wait to return with me next year. Pura Vida!

Reviewed 12 May 2013

My family and I spent a week in Costa Rica. We enlisted the help of a Costa Rican Travel agency to help select hotels for us to stay. They did a great job except for this hotel. It is a bare bones hotel, dark and dank, with plumbing that needs improvement.
The hotel is far from the beach, so one can not walk there. Either you have to take your car, taxi, or take a bus there and back. None of the options is convenient.
There was no restaurant on site at the hotel.
The people at the front desk were friendly and helpful.
This is a fine hotel is cost is a significant factor and all you are looking for is a cheap place to stay. That was not what we were looking for, so we were a little disappointed. I would definitely stay at a hotel within walking distance of the beach next time I visit Costa Rica.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family