Specially during holiday season Manuel Antonio is a crowded, noisy and not very amusing place.
So you will be happy to stay in a quiet and peaceful retreat.
And what an outstanding retreat Makanda is!
Studio with overwhelming sea views, great breakfasts on private terrace, beautiful and spacious japanese style furnished rooms, pool with tremendous sea views as well and pool bar service whole day through, excellent restaurant.
N.P. is famous for endangered squirrel monkey. But we haven´t seen these cute mammels in the N.P., but close to the pool of Macanda- feeding in the trees. Same experience with toucans and lots of other birds.
Private beach just a steep 10min- hike down the hill through beautiful secondary forest- should not be missed.
Great staff both at reception and poolside restaurant- thanks guys, you made us feel like at home!
Well worth the couple of $$ more- highly recommended!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Makanda By the Sea is 12 acres of wildlife sanctuary, 100 meters above the ocean. Our fully equipped Villas and Studios are carefully placed in rainforest gardens with spectacular views of the sixty mile coastline. Hotel Makanda is the ideal location for guests wishing to experience “romance in nature”, dazzling sunset views and our personalized boutique hotel ambiance. Offering gourmet cuisine, first class service, and close to Manuel Antonio Park, Spas, Restaurants, Tours and Beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Makanda by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makanda By The Sea Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Makanda By The Sea Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio