We stayed here for our honeymoon and had the greatest stay! It is down a small road - which seems to be were most of the upscale hotels are located. It really feels like you are in the jungle, since the rooms are setup as bungalows, so only two rooms to each bungalow, one on the top and one on the bottom. It felt very secluded and private - with only twelve rooms in the "rainy" season, it felt like we almost had the place to ourselves! The rooms were very clean, no bugs even with leaving the doors open for about a 1/2 hour in the evening. The beds were very comfy and we are very picky about hotel beds. The view from room #9 was of jungle and the ocean - perfect! The tiny bachelor kitchen was nice - but we never used it. The staff were great - by the pool they were very accomodating and fun to talk to! The best part is they bring you breakfast to your room at no additional charge, and also bring snacks, lunch, dinner or even drinks to your room at no additional charge! Great for a honeymoon. The pool was perfect with a great view. Highly recommend to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Makanda By the Sea is 12 acres of wildlife sanctuary, 100 meters above the ocean. Our fully equipped Villas and Studios are carefully placed in rainforest gardens with spectacular views of the sixty mile coastline. Hotel Makanda is the ideal location for guests wishing to experience “romance in nature”, dazzling sunset views and our personalized boutique hotel ambiance. Offering gourmet cuisine, first class service, and close to Manuel Antonio Park, Spas, Restaurants, Tours and Beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Makanda by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makanda By The Sea Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Makanda By The Sea Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park