Makanda By The Sea is a wonderful place to experience. The villas merge nature with comfort, complete with hammocks perfect for viewing the wildlife, a complete kitchen if you feel like venturing down the dirt road to the market, and a great restaurant if you don't want to leave. I had the best Tuna steak ever, poolside, after a long hike through the jungle. The staff is very kind, the monkeys present every morning, and the sloths are hanging in the trees every afternoon. The beach at Manuel Antonio National Park is just right too. You can have lounge chairs, beer, and grilled food delivered to your desired spot on the beach for under $10. Make sure to hire a guide with a telescope when you go into the park. It should cost $20 and is worth it!
I highly recommend this destination if you like nature, but want a little luxury!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Makanda By the Sea is 12 acres of wildlife sanctuary, 100 meters above the ocean. Our fully equipped Villas and Studios are carefully placed in rainforest gardens with spectacular views of the sixty mile coastline. Hotel Makanda is the ideal location for guests wishing to experience “romance in nature”, dazzling sunset views and our personalized boutique hotel ambiance. Offering gourmet cuisine, first class service, and close to Manuel Antonio Park, Spas, Restaurants, Tours and Beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Makanda by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makanda By The Sea Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Makanda By The Sea Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio