“Highlight of Costa Rica trip” 5 of 5 bubbles

US$95.00*
and up
Segway Tour in Quepos
More attraction details
Owner description: While you're in Manuel Antonio Costa Rica you won't want to miss out on this unique, eco-friendly Segway Jungle Island tour that will put you directly on jungle trails and beaches full of wildlife. This Segway tour includes: Segway training, safety equipment, bilingual guide, ferry fare, bottle of water, natural drink, and snacks. What to bring: Comfortable clothes and shoes or sandals, and camera. We will also take a lot of pictures of your tour. We provide training on the x2 off road Segway. Our guest range from "pro's" to "first time" riders, and in age from 10 to 85 years. This is the most fun you can have standing up. We teach you how to stand, ride and have a blast on our new 2014 Segway's. Our guides will have you riding like an expert within 15 minutes. We will also review all safety issues with the Segways to give you a safe and enjoyable experience. Your Segway tour starts at the Quepos Marina or larger groups can start right on the beach at the Manuel Antonio National Park. We start by teaching you Segway Safety and then to ride the Segway. Segway Costa Rica will provide all required safety equipment. We sometimes see sloth's and spider monkeys playing in the large tree's of Nahomi park. Then we will ride along the raised walkway that borders Quepos and the Pacific Ocean on our way to the ocean ferry that will take us to the beautiful Jungle Island just off shore called Cocal Island. You will experience Cocal and it's beauty. Cocal Island has no bridges or cars, just beautiful natural walk ways and endless beaches. Cocal is home to a small colony of friendly villagers. Touring the island of Cocal we stop at a Sugar Cane Plantation and you will sample & take some fresh cut sugar cane with you. We stop at a shaded beach area where you can pick your own coconut for a natural drink. Our guides will open the coconut for you to experience it fresh. The tours lasts 3 to 3.5 hours and cost $95.00
Suffern, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highlight of Costa Rica trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

My family of five decided to try the Segway Tour to see some of the countryside. Miguel was our wonderful tour guide. After a quick but very well done training on the Segways, Miguel took us by a small ferry boat to Coconut Island. We did a terrific tour of the entire island, along the beach, through farms and groves and through the village. Not only was this great fun riding the Segways, we really got to experience real Costa Rica. We stopped to visit a farmer, who served us delicious pineapples and watermelon. Miguel led us on an informative tour, telling us about the different trees and plants (offering us more freshly picked fruit). The villagers and especially children we passed were all friendly and high fiving us as we passed. This was not only a great way to see the real costa Rica but also lots of fun. All of us agreed that this was one of the highlights of our visit to Costa Rica. We would highly recommend!

1 Thank Martylef

Kingston, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“AMAZINGLY UNIQUE EXPERIENCE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

The Segway tour that I took in Quepos was incredible. Yeah, they didn't pick us up from the hotel, but it's a new operation... They'll figure that out soon enough. The office was recently moved to the new Quepos Marina. It was a clean and beautiful office. Miguel and Luis were kind, professional and FUN. I was apprehensive at first, thinking a segway was "too American tourist" for me, that it was "authentic'" enough, but was I WRONG.

I was afraid too, at first, but I quickly got used to the vehicle. Doing swirls and turns. It was fun. And it's not like you're just standing there. There is a bit of physical work and coordination required. But as I mentioned, once I got comfortable, it was a BLAST.

On to the tour... As someone who's visited the Quepos/Manuel Antonio region for the past 10 years in a row, it's difficult for me to find a tour that's unique enough to show me things I've seen before. I've seen the jungle, I've road the rapids, I've heard all about the African Palms... I love them all, but this tour SHOCKED ME. In the 3 hours, I saw and learned things I've never knew before.

Imagine zooming down a virgin beach with only 4 little kids playing soccer. Picture wild Coconuts Palm trees, Mango and... CASHEW TREES. I'd never seen how a cashew grows, it was so cool. We road about this man's property, it was beautiful. Then we had a great at Senor's casa... His casa was very authentic. Dogs and chickens walking about. Cashews drying in the sun. About 7 hand-made hammocks peppered about and just one lightbulb powered by an old car battery. Senor, barefoot, sharpened his machete as Luis chopped open a fresh coconut so my Mom and I could have a sip. I LOVED it.

Then we zoomed off, into a local fishing town with kids running up and Hi-Fiving us. As an architect, I was fascinated by the local style of houses. I'm always dazzled by the beauty and kindness of the Costa Rican people and vegetation and this trip proved this tour right up there with zip-lining and kayaking in the mangrove!

San Francisco, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Good fun.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Luis was was great. This was a fine opportunity to see a bit of Quepos that we would not have seen and to try riding a Segway on a range of terrains.

Gordon, Nebraska
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“best tour in costa rica”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Best tour we were on during 14 days in costa rica. Miguel did an absolute outstanding job of instructions and information. You need to be interested in the costa rica culture to fully appreciate the 2-2.5 hour tour

1 Thank pita45
Conroe, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Not My Favorite”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

This tour was too long. Too much taking pictures. The cost was too high and it did not include transport to and from hotel like other tours. A bit fun to ride but would not do again. Was supposed to be $95 each but they charge us $98.

Visited February 2014