- plenty of space although split over three levels which at times was annoying
- cool at night. Air con not needed
- nice view
- breakfast included although keep in mind it is literally bread no butter or spreads and a couple of bits of fruit.
- pool looked clean
- awkward location
- staff abrupt and not overly informative about location
- terrible Internet that when I was able to connect
- common kitchen horrible. They seriously need to clean out the fridge as it stinks.
- cleanliness of room. Dead insects on couches and dead cockroach on bed.
- may need to upgrade towels, our had rips in them.
Probably would recommended it. If you do stay here and are catching th bus gt off at Quepos as it is only 1km out of town ans cheaper in taxi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hostel Plinio, with it's sister Bed and Breakfast located only 200 meters down the road, offer a variety of amenity options. The hostel is one of the original accommodation and restaurant properties located in Manuel Antonio, while our Bed and Breakfast is a new addition to the market. HOSTEL Our fully equipped hostel has a large refreshing pool, tour desk, wifi, a delicious and affordable restaurant and bar, a common kitchen and ocean views. Guests enjoy having everything they need on location and the staff at Plinio strive to make the hostel a relaxing and tranquil experience. It is an excellent choice for travelers wishing to steer away from the party youth hostels and experience many of the comforts and ascetics of a rustic hotel with the communal atmosphere and prices of a hostel. Accommodations with Hostel Plinio range greatly. We offer two dorm rooms for backpackers that have two outdoor patios, a viewing platform, a bathroom, lockers, safes, and a large space to accommodate everyone's personal belongings with plenty of room left over to move around. For travelers seeking a more private stay, Hostel Plinio has three types of rooms to choose from. The most economical option is the double bed, shared bathroom private room. Perfect for couples on a budget! Next are the standard and basic private suites. These rooms have two stories, a private bath with hot water, stunning ocean views, semi-private patio, a king size bed and a full or twin size bed. Perfect from groups of three or four people looking for a private option. And lastly, our two Superior Family Suites. These rooms have three stories, two outdoor patios with ocean views including a third story observation deck with swings. A private bath with hot water, a living room, and a king, a full and a twin size bed. PLEASE NOTE: On Hostelworld , all private rooms are listed with a max capacity of 2 people. This is simply for pricing purposes. There is a $10 per person extra charge for 3 or more people. We suggest calling or emailing if you have specific questions regarding this. BED AND BREAKFAST Plinio Bed and Breakfast is located a couple of minutes walk away from our hostel where guests have the opportunity to enjoy upgraded amenities. Here guests get the atmosphere of the jungle with the amenities and style of a hotel but with the feeling of home. Surrounded by mango and papaya trees, fan palms and bamboo we frequently get monkey visitors and have several resident iguanas. Our Bed and Breakfast has its own kitchen located on site and guests are invited to enjoy the pool, restaurant and bar at the hostel. Plinio Bed and Breakfast is great option for couples looking for a little more privacy and quiet but with hotel style conveniences. At this location we offer seven unique private rooms that include brand new queen sized Serta beds, air conditioning units, cable TV with HBO, wifi in every room, private bathroom with on demand hot water, blackout curtains and two outdoor patio style relaxation areas. Located on the main road between Quepos and Manuel Antonio Beach, Plinio is a great location for travelers seeking easy transportation to the main attractions without the hustle and bustle of being in the city center. With bus stops located just outside the main entrance, the beach is a quick ten minute ride away. Both properties serve breakfast and coffee free of charge every morning from seven until nine am. When booking with us and looking through pictures of our properties, please take note at which property you are viewing and wanting to stay in to make sure you book properly. No matter what type of room you choose, you will not be disappointed. The owners and staff at Plinio have poured their hearts into creating an unique, memorable hostel and bed and breakfast experience. We look forward to accommodating you during your stay in Manuel Antonio. See you soon! Cancellations Policy: one day in advance Credit Cards Not Accepted. Breakfast Included. Taxes Included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Hostel Plinio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostel Plinio Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio