“First class all the way”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manuel Antonio
Prana Rainforest Retreat
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 20 August 2013

First of all, their website does not do their place justice. My jaw literally dropped when I walked into our suite. It was amazing. John and Mark have done a stellar job in putting their little piece of paradise together, and it is a piece of paradise.

Prana Rainforest Retreat sits on the edge of a national park, and when you look out from your bed, all you can see is untouched pristine rainforest with monkeys playing in the background.

I was there with my partner and we both left so refreshed and restored. Mark and John go out of their way to make you feel taken care of. They make the most amazing breakfast ever.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank blueosa

Reviewed 5 August 2013

I can say without a shred of doubt that Mark and Jon have created something truly special with Prana Rainforest Retreat. The warmth, heart, and soul of the property, the rainforest, and the two fantastic hosts all compliment and enhance each other perfectly!

After much research I had narrowed things down to Prana or one 5 star hotel in Manuel Antonio. My wife and I were traveling for our 10th anniversary, and both enjoy getting to out of the way places where we can enjoy some privacy and relaxation without having to deal with big crowds. At first, I was a little concerned with the relative lack of reviews and feedback about Prana on the web, but my concerns were quickly alleviated once I started an email conversation with Mark. He was extremely helpful and thoughtful in his responses to my questions and I knew pretty quickly that Prana seemed like the best choice for the two of us.

Upon arrival I quickly realized that I couldn't have been more right! We were greeted by Mark and Jon and given a tour of our accommodations... The guest house is amazing! A huge living room and bedroom both look right out into the rainforest through floor to ceiling windows and screens. The Shower (huge rainfall shower with sliding door opening to pool), dressing area, mini kitchen, and bathroom are also basically perfect and very well laid out. Both the bedroom and shower opened up to our own private pool with lounge chairs and a built in Bali bed hanging over one edge of the pool. The grounds are also beautiful and the private yoga pavilion set next to a waterfall is equally great and a perfect place for yoga, massage, or morning exercises and relaxation.

Waking up every morning with the rising of the sun and the sound of howler monkeys put a smile on my face every day. Falling asleep each night to the sounds of a rainstorm and frogs in the pool was equally great.

I typically like to go to a place once, check it off the vacation list, and then not prioritize a return trip. Prana is now 1 of 2 places that I know I have to get back to in the near future.

Thanks again Mark and Jon! Until next time!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2013

this is a bit overdue but needed to take a moment to write a review of Prana Rainforest Retreat. i searched for hours night after night looking for what i had in mind for our trip to costa rica. we wanted our own place with privacy but we also wanted some services Then we found Prana - sounded perfect.... and it was!!!!!

the home we stayed in was beautiful. windows everywhere, views of the jungle, really no reason to leave. complete privacy.. who needs a bathing suit when you have your own pool. and amazing hosts. mark and jon provided great advise when needed, amazing daily massages at whatever time we wanted, a private yoga class and the FOOD... THE FOOD. I regret every bite we didn't finish. Breakfast was an amazing way to start each day. We had a few meals in town which were ok but when there is food like this at home why go out. we had one dinner in our house where the meal was delivered and set up in our dinning room. our last night we had a special birthday dinner for my partner where we were served each meal and our wine glass never emptied. these meals were the best of our trip. to be honest i wish we had more diners in and not wasted our time and money trying to get a good meal elsewhere. Mark also provided homemade products. Natural mouth wash that was amazing, aloe cream for my sun burn, and drops for swimmers ear when my partner needed it. want to treat yourself to your own private retreat with all the add-ons you could want.... Prana Rainforest Retreat.. look no further.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I had such a great time at Prana Rainforest Retreat that I'm having trouble deciding where to start...seven days was not enough. I have been on vacations where I really enjoyed myself, but by the end, I was ready to go home, but at Prana, I did not want to leave. This place is Paradise.

Mark and Jon met us at the Quepos airport and gave a quick tour of town as we were taken to our private paradise. When we arrived, were were treated to a group of monkeys traveling through the edge of Manuel Antonio National Park, our first of many jaw dropping moments during our stay. We saw toucans, howler monkeys, a sloth, birds of every hue and such lush, verdant flora as we have ever seen. Mark and Jon are both quite knowledgeable about the wildlife and beautiful surroundings and are happy to answer any questions.

Our accommodations were luxurious, peaceful and very private. A wrap around view of the forest, a large relaxing shower with pool view and a bed that tops off your perfect evening.

Breakfast each morning was divine. I'm not exaggerating. The sweetest pineapple and mango I've ever eaten followed by something new and delectable each day.

We booked a couples massage and experienced what a true quality massage is like. A tranquil setting with gentle rainfall, the sound of the waterfall and nature all around. I was so relaxed I didn't want the experience to end.

And did I mention privacy? I don't know how they do it, but your needs are met without ever feeling as though your privacy and tranquility has been disturbed.

If you want to escape and experience a place where you can relax and recharge, I highly recommend Prana Rainforest Retreat.

Mark and Jon, thanks again for everything. You made our trip to Costa Rica priceless!

Tim

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tim J
Reviewed 10 June 2013

The 7 days we spent at "Casa Prana" were fantastic. This is an ideal place if you and your partner are looking for something a little more private than the usual hotel options. The property is beautiful, tastefully decorated and feels incredibly secluded. Take a seat by your pool and watch the monkeys, sloths and toucans, or hop in the car and take a short drive down to the beach or one of the local restaurants, which are plentiful and cheap and never more than a few minutes away.
Mark and Jon are perfect hosts, happy to plan excursions and provide you with all the info you need, be it about local customs, flora and fauna, or great places to eat. Breakfasts were delicious, made from locally sourced ingredients, lots of them grown on site. And the massages were wonderful. Being pampered on the deck, listening to the waters running below you mixed with the rumble of an evening rainstorm - it really doesn't get any better.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Darren W
Reviewed 17 April 2013

My partner and I just returned from a visit to Manuel Antonio. We have enjoyed the Prana Spa in Key West and were delighted to find that Mark and Jon had transplanted to Costa Rica and decided to book a massage and check out their retreat in the rainforest. We could not imagine a more beautiful setting and were very impressed by the serenity of the property. The guest property is very impressive if only for its spacious luxurious simplicity. We treated ourselves to a wonderful massage in a the most beautiful setting, surrounded by the sounds of nature typically experienced through the soundtrack at a traditional spa. Jon and Mark made us feel very welcome and could not have been more accommodating. We look forward to visiting and spending more time at their peaceful retreat on our next annual visit to beautiful Manuel Antonio.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2013

We just came back from a week stay at the Prana Rainforest Retreat. A dream come true!

Being pampered by two excellent hosts, we enjoyed customized breakfasts made from fresh and natural ingredients, some grown right on the property, daily massages in a very relaxing environment surrounded by the beauty of the Manuel Antonio National Park and its fauna and excellent restaurants and activity recommendations (our hosts have arranged for a private horse-riding and rafting day).

We stayed in the private villa in the middle of the Costa Rican jungle. The accommodation is outstanding. We've been amazed by the high quality of the décor and the attention to details. From taking a shower almost in the middle of the jungle where we could observe the monkeys playing around in the trees to a dip in our private pool at any time, our privacy was always respected. It was like living in our own place. Equipped with an alarm system, a safe, a little wet bar, microwave, coffee machine and Wi-Fi, everything is there to fulfill our needs.

The "one couple at the time" formula allows to have all the attention you need and experience really personalized service. We were asked about our personal tastes, allergies or dislikes in order to prepare the food according to our preferences always using the fresher and best ingredients available. The last night, we even asked to be served dinner at the property. It ended up being the best dinner we had over the week, having experienced the best places of Manuel Antonio. What a dinner! You must try the "Yoko Ono tuna" Not only was the food amazing, our wine glass never got empty before being refilled, the soft music in the background was of excellent taste and just at the right sound level. It was a dream dinner by the poolside.

The massages were a pure bliss! Whether we chose the Thai massage or the deep tissue one, they were perfectly executed and very soothing. It added to the relaxing mood of the jungle villa.

If you are looking for a romantic couple vacation, this is the best place you can find in Costa Rica! The catering to your ever need, the privacy of your own villa, the scenery of the jungle at your feet and the attention you get by your hosts will make this the perfect vacation for any couple. Being in the customer service industry for more than 24 years, I can assure you that this is true luxury and true customer service.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple