“Great surf lessons!”
Review of Barraba's Surf

Barraba's Surf
More attraction details
Owner description: A surf school and tour company. Specializing in surfing classes for all ages and surf tours around the country.fully insured, bilingual staff and instructors.
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great surf lessons!”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The concierge at our hotel recommended Ivan (Vati) and his team for our sons, aged 14 and 17. He greeted us where the taxi dropped us off. They were friendly, helpful and encouraging! Lots of fun surfing at this beautiful beach. We were there at high tide so there were great waves. Great price for this activity (@ $40 for 1.5 hours plus tip). Mary rents chairs for the beach right there as well. I would highly recommend them!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank JEGS414

Huntington Beach, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“They're Cool!”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The guys Barabas and his partner are one cool dudes. They definitely took care of me make sure I am comfortable and they are with me the whole time we were in the water. Giving me advice on surfing. During the break they had a cold water and some fresh pineapple. I would definitely recommend these guys whether your a beginner or first time surfers in costa rica.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank RUTQT
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great Surf Experience”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Myself, son, and daughter each took a private lesson. The instructors were great. Bati picked us up at our hotel and took us to the beach. After a short lesson, Bati, Mambo, and Jordan took us into the water and placed us in great position to catch the waves.

Also, Bati had a GoPro and downloaded some great photos for us in DropBox. I would highly recommend them.

Great Experience

Visited April 2014
3 Thank Marc H
Scranton, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Epic surf school!!!”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

After having an interesting experience with two other surf "schools" (who mainly just rented sketchy boards told me to go out on my own and occasionally shouted tips from shore) I was stoked to come across this one. When it comes to surfing I have zero coordination and am a complete rookie but Bati took me out, stayed by my side the whole time and made me feel at ease. Thanks to his help I learned a lot about balance and timing the waves and even stood up for the first time! Whether you're a beginner or an advanced surfer, I highly recommend this school.

Visited August 2013
4 Thank Brendan D
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Best Surf Lessons EVER!”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Stumbled upon this little Surf School while taking a walk on the Manuel Antonio Beach... There are lots of guys on the beach who are teaching surf lessons, so I am happy I found these guys. They have shade! And are great company... Set up right next to Mary's Chairs where you can rent a chair, have a drink & relax after your surf lesson.
Ok, about the lesson: So Fun! Chino & Bati were both super nice and attentive. Their English is so good that I didn't even need to try to speak Spanglish :) But, if I attempted they were patient & kind. They made me feel comfortable by giving me tips before we even got in the water & by giving me a rash guard. Once in the water they helped me to catch the waves & the Best part- to Stand Up!!
So fun to be a surfer chic for a day :)
Look for these guys under the tent, next to Mary's Chairs. Good prices- Great Experience!

Visited March 2014