“Great Location and Wonderful Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Las Cascadas The Falls

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Las Cascadas The Falls
Los Angeles, California
“Great Location and Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2011

In August of 2011, I traveled to Costa Rica with a group of 8 friends. We spent the last 4 days in Manuel Antonio and stayed at Condotel Las Cascadas which ended up being a wonderful experience. There was plenty of room for the 9 of us and the fully equipped kitchens made it easy for us to cook quick meals before running off to our daily adventures. We even used the bbq located near the pool area and made a yummy Argentine style dinner. We loved and spent a lot of time at the pool and at the terrace located upstairs in between the rooms we were renting out.

Gary and his staff are wonderful. They provided us with all the information we needed when it came to activities, booking tours, how to get around the city and where to eat. They helped us book our white water rafting trip, ATV riding and a boat tour.

This is a lovely property with a great staff. I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to all of my friends and family.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Finnish first
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2011

Our intention was to go to Quepos/Manuel Ontonio for our Anniversary, which was the beginning of our third week in Costa Rica. Las Cascadas was more then we expected. We stayed in the penthouse with the most amazing view of the ocean. The room was so romantic with a beautiful kitchen and a waterfall separating the sleeping area from the living area. Gary and Catalina helped us find the most perfect reataurant for our anniversary. We stayed for three nights, felt very safe and would definately stay there again when ever we go back to Costa Rica. There were quite a few stairs up to the Penthouse but it was well worth it and besides, the extra exercise didn't hurt us a bit. Gary and his son helped us with our luggage which brings me to another point about the courtesy and going above and beyond for customer service. We ended up leaving one of our bags in the parking lot. We were already at Fortuna when we realized we left our laundry bag of dirty clothes. Gary got our bag to the bus station and had it transported to us. BTW - Did I mention that they washed our clothes. Thanks Gary and Catalina...we owe ya.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pam W
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2011

I must begin this review by saying that I got a pretty cheap rate through a package special on Bookit.com. Compared to the prevailing rates for this property, it was roughly 40-50% less. However, I don't believe one should be penalized for having been diligent/lucky enough to capture a great rate! A savvy, cost-conscious traveler should be entitled to the same treatment as the traveler in the room next door that paid twice as much!
Here's what I booked (and confirmed) through Bookit.com : A "one room, two bedroom suite". Before purchasing, I called Bookit.com to confirm that it was a two bedroom suite, since I was traveling with my teenaged daughter. When we arrived at the property, Gary, the owner, who really was very nice and helpful, repeatedly mentioned the fact that they had some problems, having recently expanded their booking agents to reach a broader spectrum of clients. Gary took us to our room(s), which was nothing like a 2 bedroom suite and nothing like the room pictured in the reservation I made. It was actually two rooms separated by a hallway and two doors--both spartan, but acceptable rooms, with no air conditioning. (not at all comfortable for August in Costa Rica) I explained to Gary that this was a family vacation, and having two rooms, separated from my teenage daughter, was not what I booked and not acceptable to us. He and his wife were understanding and accomodating, and allowed us to move into the dome suite for 2 nights and a $50 cash-paid "upgrade". They made a point of showing me what they make on the rooms, and while I understand it is a business and they are entitled to a fee for their service, I think it was both petty and tacky to ask for additional dollars just because I got a discounted rate. The room was not occupied and they could have easily allowed us to simply stay in the dome, especially since we had paid for 7 nights, AND we were spending one of the 7 nights off-property, at a different hotel.
The dome was one room with one bed and a pullout sofa for my daughter. It had air conditioning, but no lock on the door (!) and no hot water. In general, the dome was a unique room, and we were surrounded by the flora and fauna that we went to Costa Rica for. All in all, it was much more acceptable than our original 2 rooms, but I can't imagine it as a "honeymoon suite", as it is touted online. When we returned from our one night away, Gary set us up in a standard one room, two bed room. (Again, not the two bedroom suite which my reservation was for). It was acceptable, but far from what I had booked through Bookit. All in all, while we appreciate Gary's willingness to be flexible, we feel our accomodations were more a reflection of the deal we got, and not what we actually booked. I should also note that I can't place blame entirely upon Gary and that, at least a portion of the blame lies with Bookit.com for not representing the room we had booked accurately. The long and short of it: Caveat Emptor!
Other minor inconveniences that will rattle some travelers: Repeatedly having to ask for pool towels, as none were provided in room. Problems with locks and lights. A barking dog well into the wee hours. There were two other issues that I felt reflected pettiness on behalf of the owners, but I won't go into detail here as my intention is not to disparage Gary or the property, but to give an accurate description of our stay.
Ultimately, Las Cascasdas was a good, but not great place to stay. The property is beautiful and the owners are friendly, and welcoming. They gave us some good advice on local restaurants and activities, and the property was generally clean and safe. That all being said, we won't be returning to Las Cascadas, but we do wish them well.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
13 Thank Crusha
las_cascadas, Owner at Las Cascadas The Falls, responded to this review, 22 November 2011
Thank you for your constructive critique. Its reviews like this that just help us get better. This was one of our first experiances with the new internet booking systems and we find it frustrating not having communication with guests prior to arrival . Our goal is to make sure the offering is a perfect fit for our guests and our menu of accomodations is a wide one . We are still trying to figure out what a "one room 2 bedroom suite" is though as this is what caused the confusion in the first place. All our suites do have hot water so not sure why you did not have any, sorry about that. After hearing your point of view if I had a chance to do it again I probably would do it differently .
Gary
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

I was staying there in end July with my family and friends. I should say that the codotel is very nice and tranquil, very luxuriant vegetation, nice pool for kids, it got all the amenities needed but sometime you can miss one thing but you have to not expect a Riz Carlton (this is the jungle around and the weather makes stuff broken sometime, this is just normal). Just ask the owner and he will do the best to make you comfortable. We had a good time and I recommend this place to family and simple peoples.

Hasta luego

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Canon City, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

As with all small resorts such as this you never know if your taking a chance with quality or not. In this case we weren't!! Our rooms were amazing and the scenery was amazing. Gary, the owner, was very pleasant and was more then willing to give us suggestions on what to see and do. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a wonderful experience!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2011

My husband and I travelled to Quepos/Manuel Antonio at the beginning of June, staying at Las Cascadas for two nights. This is a wonderful small hotel, snuggled away from it all however walking distance to downtown Quepos and a few minutes driving distance to Manuel Antonio.

The hotel is well maintained, the owners, Gary & Catalina, are very nice & helpful – great tips on what to do, tours, travels, etc. There is nothing like having a fresh, delicious breakfast by the beautiful pool every morning!! We stayed in a suite at the top of the hill overlooking the ocean and mountains. This place is truly paradise and the price is very reasonable. Close to everything. I didn’t want to leave. Can’t wait to go back!!! Thank you Gary & Catalina! Jorge & Jhoanna

Room Tip: Have dinner at Ronney's - Perfect Sunset view!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JhoannaU
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2011

The staff was freindly, breakfasts were suberb and the view magnificant. We could not have asked for a more relaxing place to stay. We would recommend Las Cascadas to anyone!

Room Tip: Not a bad room in the the entire facility.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple