“Much better than I expected” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Greentique Costa Rica Tours

Greentique Costa Rica Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Nature Park is part of a 25-acre private wildlife refuge and protected corridor with three primary nature exhibits, including Turtle Ponds, and several user-friendly“nature interpretive” trails located across from Si Como No Resort & Spa.The Nature Park features a unique Butterfly Atrium and Amphibian Botanical Gardens with guided “Jungle Night Walks”, plus one-of-kind Reptile Lagoons with Crocodiles,Caymans and Turtle habitats. The refuge includes a variety of Flora and Fauna, including a medicinal garden and natural habitats for three species of primates and variety of birdspecies.The primary mission of the project is to help conserve biodiversity by informing visitors ofthe importance of appreciating and in turn protecting our precious natural resources.The guided tours are in English and Spanish. Comfortable shoes & binoculars are recommended. Children under 6 are free with discounts for children 6 to 12. The six (6) tours offered are: 1) The Butterfly Botanical Gardens 2) Reptile Lagoons 3) The Butterfly Botanical Garden and Reptile lagoons 4) Combination Exhibitions and nature Walk 5) Nocturnal Jungle Walk and Tropical Aquatic Garden 6) Manuel Antonio Nature Park & Wildlife Refuge Birding Tour
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
Pasadena, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Much better than I expected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Went on the night-time tour of their "nature park". I wasn't expecting much, thinking it was probably just a tourist trap with a few confined animals, but actually, we had a great time. Saw the crocodile of my nightmares and some other large reptiles, all confined, but pretty much everything else (tree frogs, snakes, bats, sloths) was running free, and really incredible to see. Guides spoke fluent English and were very friendly. Really a nice tour, well worth the small charge.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Alan M

The Woodlands, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent Tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

My two kids and I went on this tour while my older child and dad went fishing. It exceeded our expectations. Johnny was a most excellent and knowledgeable guide who showed us amazing things. I am so glad we did this tour and I highly recommend it!

Visited July 2014
Wauconda, Illinois
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Butterfly Garden”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

The butterfly garden is small and charges $15pp. The experience is worth the expense. We enjoyed quietly and slowly walking around and viewing the over 17 species of butterflies. A peaceful and relaxing experience.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Melissa D
New Jersey
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Make sure you ask for Geiner!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

See my review of Rancho Los Tucanes for more on Geiner, a wonderful guide.

We took this tour to see what kind of different animals we might see at night. They can't guarantee what animals you'll see in this park, so be prepared for that. Much of what we saw were insects (yikes!), snakes, and frogs, but it was so interesting because Geiner is so full of knowledge about everything.

To make sure that you see something, they keep some alligators (including a HUGE one called Elliott). The kids were delighted by this - I myself did not love walking over their enclosure.

This was an interesting add-on to what we had already planned to do in MA.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank mrsstinger
Toledo, Ohio
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“raining tree frogs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We saw a new record for number of red eyed tree frogs at a grand total of 96 frogs 6-23-14. The guide was excellent . He helped take pictures and was very helpful. It was a great experience. I would recommend to all. Bring hi quality rain gear.

Visited June 2014