“Last minute addition to trip and no regrets”

Greentique Costa Rica Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Nature Park is part of a 25-acre private wildlife refuge and protected corridor with three primary nature exhibits, including Turtle Ponds, and several user-friendly“nature interpretive” trails located across from Si Como No Resort & Spa.The Nature Park features a unique Butterfly Atrium and Amphibian Botanical Gardens with guided “Jungle Night Walks”, plus one-of-kind Reptile Lagoons with Crocodiles,Caymans and Turtle habitats. The refuge includes a variety of Flora and Fauna, including a medicinal garden and natural habitats for three species of primates and variety of birdspecies.The primary mission of the project is to help conserve biodiversity by informing visitors ofthe importance of appreciating and in turn protecting our precious natural resources.The guided tours are in English and Spanish. Comfortable shoes & binoculars are recommended. Children under 6 are free with discounts for children 6 to 12. The six (6) tours offered are: 1) The Butterfly Botanical Gardens 2) Reptile Lagoons 3) The Butterfly Botanical Garden and Reptile lagoons 4) Combination Exhibitions and nature Walk 5) Nocturnal Jungle Walk and Tropical Aquatic Garden 6) Manuel Antonio Nature Park & Wildlife Refuge Birding Tour
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We had signed up to do parasailing but it was raining when we had our reservations so last minute we decided to look for a night tour of rainforest. We were staying at la mariposa and the tour is across the street from si como no hotel which was like a 5 min walk away. We arrived and the guys there were friendly and welcoming. Me and my husband went and we were put in a group of 6. Our tour guide was ceaser and he spoke great English so it was easy to understand. He knows his stuff and talked about everything like the plants, trees, insects,reptiles and animals. We had a great time! I hate bugs and especially spiders but I enjoyed myself and learned a lot. We got some great pictures of tree frogs. I think this is perfect for families and kids would enjoy if not afraid of dark. Only complaint is wish they had better lights for us. The tour guide has a bright light which is great for spotting things for us.

2  Thank Hailey P

Reviewed 2 August 2014

You have to get a knowledgeable tour guide. The night we were there, it was crowded with about 24 people, so they split us in 2 groups. We went one way and the other group went the other way. The preserve is about 20 acres and at one point we were close to the other group. That guide seemed to find way more than our guide, so that was a bit disappointing. We mainly saw red eye tree frogs, glass frogs, and other types of frogs. The guides tell you about the type of plants they have that are also in the rainforest, and that was interesting. There is one area in the back of the preserve that has a high cyclone fence with barbed wire and is double locked. The animals that are in there are many huge crocodiles, turtles, seems like a waste of space because that area is about 1/3 the size of the whole preserve.

For $39.00 each, that was pricey, because you could take a 2 hour private tour with Mario with Jade Tours and have an incredible experience.

If you only want to go for 1 hour, will walking on a flat sidewalk, then this preserve is for you.

4  Thank Mike R
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We took a "jungle night walk" tour. In the beginning part of the tour, I had doubts I would see any but as you get near the pond, it gets louder and louder with different frogs calling to each other. I saw more tree frogs than I cared to see in my lifetime. Thank you, I'm good now. Johnny was our guide and he worked hard to make sure we would be happy with the tour.
Our tour was in pouring down rain. Bring a poncho or whatever rain gear you might want to carry. It gets so hot and steamy in that poncho! No umbrellas.
At the last part of the tour, we saw crocodiles and caymans in pens. There were different kinds of turtles as well. I could have skipped that part but you can't. I was done!

3  Thank SBATustin
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Located in outside Quepos this is a bit of a boutique, and in fact may be the quintessential Costa Rican hotel. The service is very good, and the rooms have an amazing view over the Pacific. Outstanding food in on site, and the restruant cooked our freshly caught fish. The desk can schedule activities and we did a morning of zip line tour. A spa is on facility and a small movie theater shows movies in the evenings. The negative, if any, is some of the rooms are a hike from the lobby and people with special needs or small kids may want to request something closer to the activities. Ours was perfect for us and near the adult only pool area. Pure Vida..

1  Thank Taylor R
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This place is magical. The butterflies are in all sizes and colours. Some of them even land on you. Fantastic place for photography.