This is a really neat hotel and the rooms are amazing. It's very quaint and I loved the fact that there are so few suites so it was peaceful and relaxing. We were in #6 so we could stay on our patio and read, or we spent a lot of time by the pool as well. The bath was great and the bed was comfortable. We stayed at Hotel Mandarina for 2 nights and Issimo for 3 nights, which was the perfect mix of price and location. We had great meals at the restaurant (very good steak) and it was reasonably priced. I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay there again but a few things I should point out that might help those in the decision-making phase....
Breakfast got old after the first three days because the menu is limited. But it was good each time and that wasn't really a big deal, just thought I'd mention it. The staff was great but English was not as good as other places so I wasn't sure if they understood our requests all the time (more so w/ the waitstaff than the concierge). We never had issues with the fact that the pool was small and basically has two "good" seats, but the lower deck is not as good as the upper deck (it's more undercover and no view) so I'm glad the upper was always available for us. The location is great because it feels secluded, but keep in mind it's about a mile up a dusty road to get back into town which is about a $6 cab ride each time. We walked most of the time which was fine for us, but you definitely work up a sweat when you walk.
The one thing that brings my rating from a 5 to a 4 was that our air conditioner in our room was extremely LOUD to the point where I really couldn't sleep very well. We tried cranking it up until we went to sleep and then turning it off, but it got hot in the middle of the night so we'd have to turn it on for a bit to cool things down. I never said anything to the staff, until I left I included in my feedback sheet, so maybe there was something wrong with it and it could have been fixed.
In summary, although there were a few quirks I really felt like we were in a luxurious place with the bath, patio and view. Feel free to contact me if you have questions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel, Spa & Waterfront Reserve offers intimacy and elegance for your romantic escape. Each suite includes a Jacuzzi bath tub for relaxation and enjoyment, as well as a majestic ocean view overlooking a pristine pacific cove. A plush king size bed, sofa, and room service from our boutique restaurant await your arrival. You can also indulge yourself with a massage in our spa after a day of adventure on one of our many tours or beaches. Our romantic hideaway suites access adjacent sandy beaches with a walk to the cove or famous Manuel Antonio Park and beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Issimo Hotel Boutique
- Issimo Boutique Hotel
- Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel And Spa Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio