First the disappointment
Booking this place was so tedious we nearly gave up. There was only one member of staff who controlled the whole thing. If she wasnt there when we telephoned in frustration when emails werent responded to, then noone else had access to her correspondence. It took a week of email to-and-fro to get a tariff and offer for what we gave as our clear requirements in the first enquiry. During that time, the package price first increased by $150, which we accepted, and then after everything was confirmed and agreed, she admitted a mistake (we couldnt check it as she never gave us the individual prices) and asked us for a further $199 which we refused. She reconfirmed the price without this last extra, until we came to check out when she again asked us if we would like to pay it out of goodwill, again requiring our refusal. No great problem but it left a slightly bitter taste.
Everything else was wonderful:
The rough road down to the place mentioned by others. . . who cares? Taxis to town were fast and cheap and we were nearer the beach than anyone else. It was a short walk through the jungle in the company of monkeys and birds to a small cove with clean sand and warm gentle waves.
The room (No1 top floor) was large and beautiful with floor to ceiling wrap-around windows (glass walls on two sides) with the most magnificent views of bay, jungle, sky imaginable. A shame there was no terrace, other rooms have them.
There was the Jacuzzi with flower petals and other jungly flower arrangements so ridiculusly magnificent . . . passing any expectation even for our wedding.
The interior design of the room was comfortable fun and slightly whacky - just lovely.
The open shaded terrace dining room with reception desks and waterfall-wall feature was attractive and the waiting and concierge staff all excellent.
There is a funny little pool just big enough to bump your nose on the other side after a dive (why 3.5m deep?) but great fun with a sunbathing deck. We had it to ourselves off season, it may not have been so much fun if crowded
Free wifi internet works fine but doesn't stretch to the rooms which was probably a boon for the honeymoon. And there is a free desktop machine off the dining area.
Food was great, not restaurant wonderful but all flavoursome and well presented.
All in (almost) all - a wonderful place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel, Spa & Waterfront Reserve offers intimacy and elegance for your romantic escape. Each suite includes a Jacuzzi bath tub for relaxation and enjoyment, as well as a majestic ocean view overlooking a pristine pacific cove. A plush king size bed, sofa, and room service from our boutique restaurant await your arrival. You can also indulge yourself with a massage in our spa after a day of adventure on one of our many tours or beaches. Our romantic hideaway suites access adjacent sandy beaches with a walk to the cove or famous Manuel Antonio Park and beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and Ebookers so you can book your Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Issimo Hotel Boutique
- Issimo Boutique Hotel
- Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel And Spa Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio