My wife and I spent three nights with the Green Season Honeymoon package at the Issimo Suites this August. I think it was my favorite stay in Costa Rica!
Where to start? Well, my posting may be biased because when we showed up at the hotel, they informed me that for whatever reason we were being upgraded to from the Jacuzzi suite to the Penthouse Jacuzzi Suite. I danced in the room for thirty minutes before we unpacked because it was so beautiful. The Penthouse Jacuzzi Suite is all about luxury, great TV, beautiful wrap around couch, beautiful HUGE bed etc. A private jacuzzi for two and nice large shower. There was also a private balcony, but probably my favorite part was that one wall is entirely window, looking out northwest over the pacific ocean.
So the room was marvelous, and a great thing about the hotel was that the staff made you feel like royalty. They all know who you are, and everyone from the front desk to the cleaning people are very gentle and kind. Particularly endearing were the waiters in the restaurant - I just appreciated their service so much and loved them. (Give them an extra big tip for me if you decide to go!)
I received a call the first morning from Angel, the man at the front desk, letting me know their were monkeys on the property. I scurried down and got to watch some white-faced monkeys romping around the rails. It was my first encounter and I greatly appreciated it!
We were able to book a number of tours through the hotel and they provided pool or beach towels whenever we needed them. It is a short distance from Manuel Antonio, and about an equal distance from Quepos. From our experience, I would say stay out of Quepos, and spend your time either in the Hotel or any of the establishments on the road between Quepos and Manuel Antonio.
We each enjoyed an hour long massage in the Spa, very relaxing and soothing to the skin. Also, our meals at the restaurant were a delight. It's hard to find a balance between enjoying time at the hotel and enjoying the things in the surrounding area. If for no other reason, I would recommend having dinner in the hotel to get to know the staff, you'll see them more at breakfast and they're a pleasure.
On leaving they even gave us a little gift of chocolates - it was a nice little extra. An example of the kindness of the staff: we had to leave at 5:30 in the morning to get our flight in San Jose on time, I mentioned this in regards to checking out the night before, and they arranged for someone to come in (way) early to prepare us fruit and toast to take in the car. I appreciated it deeply and hope I'll have a chance to return to Issimo Suites.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel, Spa & Waterfront Reserve offers intimacy and elegance for your romantic escape. Each suite includes a Jacuzzi bath tub for relaxation and enjoyment, as well as a majestic ocean view overlooking a pristine pacific cove. A plush king size bed, sofa, and room service from our boutique restaurant await your arrival. You can also indulge yourself with a massage in our spa after a day of adventure on one of our many tours or beaches. Our romantic hideaway suites access adjacent sandy beaches with a walk to the cove or famous Manuel Antonio Park and beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Issimo Hotel Boutique
- Issimo Boutique Hotel
- Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel And Spa Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio