“Best part of our Costa Rica trip.”

Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel and Spa
Ranked #19 of 46 Hotels in Manuel Antonio
Reviewed 25 February 2014

My Wife and I stayed for 5 nights at the end of our two week Costa Rica trip. It was the best 5 nights of our holiday. Issimo was exactly what we needed. It was perfect, perched on a hill top with some amazing views of the bay and forest canopy, lush with animal life. It was the quiet, personal touch from the staff that made our stay so amazing and we are totally sad to be home. The food was amazing, and far better than eating out at any restaurant. Dickson, and the chef were timely, efficient and insightful. We ate breakfast, lunch and dinner on the terrace each day, and never saw the need to leave. The local dishes were great! the Steak fantastic and the pasta as if cooked by an Italian themself. Issimo was in an ideal location. Walking distance to the beach, supermarkets, cafe's and restaurants. We pleasantly walked everywhere, even to Manual Antonio and back! Thank you Issimo for making our trip so memorable, we will be back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
IssimoSuites, General Manager at Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Mike H.
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to make your trip memorable!
We will be waiting for you!!!

Suerte!

Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

What I realized on my trip to costa rica is that boutique hotels are amazing! No noisy crowds and this one has no kids! Our air conditioning was broken and so we were given a suite w a large balcony and a private pool!! The bed was the most comfortable I slept in ever at a hotel and the view is amazing from the hotel. The breakfast at the restaurant was great, the other meals were mediocre and the food took forever to be served which I found happened at all the costarican I hotels we visited. This is a place worth visiting! Ghe speak mostly spanish fyi

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Shira K,
Thank you!

Just to clear out.... we do not pre-cook our food. Everthing is fresh! That's the reason of the delay....

Reviewed 8 February 2014

What a find! My wife and I stated at the Issimo Suites for three nights on our last leg of driving thru Costa Rica. I picked this hotel base upon the Tripadvisor reviews. As alway, these reviews are spot on. I chose a Junior Suite and was assigned #111. The view was wonderful, the room fantastic and the service outstanding, especially for Dixon. We ate all our breakfast and dinners here as the food was excellent. My wife had a massage give by Nancy; saying this was the best she had ever had. Yes, the bathroom is virtually open to the rest of the bedroom, but after 20 years my wife and I weren't bothered :>)
Negatives: I need a coffee pot in my room so I can make my own coffee, and the internet is only available in the public locals. If I had it to do over, I would have a Suite with is own private balcony and bring a french press. Definitely stay here if you like romance. Larry & Kelly, Georgetown, Texas

Dear RoseAlee,
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

Reviewed 7 February 2014

We LOVED it here. Most lovely happy helpful staff, absolutely amazing rooms, pool and restaurant - the photos don't do it justice, amazing scenery, perfect location.... go there! Would highly recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Any room is amazing!

¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸THANK YOU¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸

Reviewed 4 February 2014

We were there for two nights and we really had an excellent time. Manuel antonio is a very nice place and Issimo suites makes your stay perfect! The atmosphere they create in the rooms is so romantic you won t want to leave the place. If you do have any problem, the staff is very helpful, and they will try to solve your problem. We were in a room (110) that was a little humid and the air conditioning did not work well, so they gave us an upgrade to another room (104) that was even better and higher so the view was amazing! Every room has a jacuzzi and private balcony. If you can spend a little more the Royal Suite seems perfect, it has a private pool and looks really spacious. There are a few steps to every room but I think that s typical in ManuelAntonio, so if you have difficulty climbing stairs, check if this is the hotel for you. The swimming pool and sun deck are really big enough for the few people that stay at the hotel, as everybody is out going to the beach or excursions. We stayed for a couple of hours on both days and were practically on our own so it s the kind of hotel you use like home. There are monkeys and birds coming near you in the. Mormon areas, so if you like nature, it s perfect! The chef Fernando cooks great so we stayed there for dinner on both nights, if you add the cost of a taxi, the price is the same as in other places and the food is very good! Geiner, the waiter, was always ready to serve and had a very nice attitude. The beach is not in the premises. It s rather a very picturesque public beach that needs walking on rough steep paths. But then you are probably going to Manuel Antonio national park and the beaches there are excellent!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Ceci1967,
Thank you for your review!!!!
We hope to see you soon!!!

Saludos y mucha suerte!!!

Reviewed 31 January 2014

We stayed in a penthouse room, which is a little more than we are used to paying for a room. The room was enormous, with a built in jacuzzi, a king sized bed, a sitting area, and two sinks. As some people have noted, the bathroom is open to the bedroom area, with a partial wall for privacy. Nothing to block smells or sounds, which is pretty counterproductive to the rest of the ultra romance-y vibe the rest of the room is going for. I was excited for the jacuzzi but couldn't get more than a small stream of less than lukewarm water to fill the tub with, so that was a downer (maybe because I tried fairly late at night). Bed is super soft which took a bit to get used to. Our room was very clean, unlike a previous commenter's experience, though since you are in Costa Rica you will see an occasional insect around the property. I loved the view from our room (saw monkeys, toucans, and other birds) and the jungle theming of the room itself (flatscreen tv was supported by a stone column with carved leaves, birds, and vines, very cool). Breakfast was sufficiently filling but not as good as others I've had in other places. Staff members were all very friendly and helpful at all times, though we did wish that we had been offered more refills on our coffee cups at breakfast and our water glass at dinner.

Room Tip: Call ahead to figure out which rooms have separate bathroom areas if you are traveling with another...
1  Thank BigHatBigAdventures

Thank you!

Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed in a junior suite and while the hotel didn't give off total "luxury" vibes, the entire experience warranted five stars.

The hotel:
The pool and deck area are small, but there were always chairs available and the ocean view was great.

The room was nice and big and the jacuzzi was great. Even the Jr. suite had a balcony with an ocean view.

White linens might not be the best choice in this tropical climate (a little dinge), and the AC wasn't up to USA standards, but it wasn't unbearable.

Service:
This is where this place shines.
Dixon, our primary waiter for breakfast, drinks by the pool and afternoon coffee was attentive and always smiling. My wife loved the rejuvenation package from the spa and the front desk was very helpful with all my questions about restaurants and excursions.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
IssimoSuites, General Manager at Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

¸¸.•*¨*•*´¨)