My girlfriend and I spent four nights at Issimo Suites in mid March and were extremely impressed. The Hotel's location is perfect, overlooking the ocean amidst tropical foliage, and only a short walk from Biesanz beach; which we found to be the best beach in all of Manuel Antonio (unless you want surfing). We actually saw more animals around the beach near the hotel than in the entire national park.
The hotel itself is top notch. Being a boutique hotel there are not many rooms, so it has a very intimate feel. There are no noisy crowds of sun burned tourists or screaming kids. We never saw more than four or so people at one time in the public areas.
The restaurant has a spectacular view and is open air. However, other than taking advantage of the free breakfast (which was delicious), we only tried the fish tacos. We had them multiple days, and they were so good we never tried anything else!
The pool area, deck, and all the public areas were somewhat small but were always very well kept and maintained. We felt that the pool size was actually perfect for the hotel and it didn't need a huge, gaudy one.
The rooms are very impressive: great view, very clean, and beautifully appointed. Great attention was paid to the details, which I find very important in a hotel. As mentioned in a few other reviews, the bathrooms are a bit how shall we say...alfresco. But it never was really an issue for us. We never used the spa.
By far the best aspect of the hotel was the service. All of the staff were very helpful and always friendly. Our waiter, Geiner (I hope I'm not butchering his name) was particularly great! He was always there to bring us ice water, cold beers, and refill our coffees. He let me practice my terrible Spanish with him and he was always smiling. I travel for a living, staying about 100 nights a year in hotels, and I believe great staff is what makes a great hotel. Issimo Suites' staff has definitely achieved this, providing a terrific luxury hotel that I would recommend to anyone! Thanks again for a great vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel, Spa & Waterfront Reserve offers intimacy and elegance for your romantic escape. Each suite includes a Jacuzzi bath tub for relaxation and enjoyment, as well as a majestic ocean view overlooking a pristine pacific cove. A plush king size bed, sofa, and room service from our boutique restaurant await your arrival. You can also indulge yourself with a massage in our spa after a day of adventure on one of our many tours or beaches. Our romantic hideaway suites access adjacent sandy beaches with a walk to the cove or famous Manuel Antonio Park and beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Issimo Hotel Boutique
- Issimo Boutique Hotel
- Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel And Spa Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio