I spoke ahead of time with Maday (the manager) via email regarding our room. Originally she booked the honeymoon suite however, this room does not have a balcony. This room does possibly have the best views (two fulls walls of windows and the room is located on the top floor). The downside of of the honeymoon suite (I believe it is room #1) is there is no balcony and we really wanted a balcony to just hang out on. Maday had confirmed via email that she would put us in room #5 which has a balcony. When we arrived late the first night to check in however, we were given the keys to the honeymoon suite instead of #5 with the balcony. Since #5 was not available we stayed in the honeymoon suite. I'm glad we got a chance to experience both rooms however, I still have to say....I prefer the balcony room. Keep in mind the room with the balcony (#5) has one wall of windows as opposed to the honeymoon suite which has two walls of windows. Our second night Maday did switch us to room #5 which was then available (then moved our luggage for us while we were out). The staff was really amazing (Maday, the front desk and the waiters). Yes...as mentioned previously the toilets are in the same room as the bedroom only seperated by swinging wooden doors. In room #5 however, the room is so big-the bed at one end and the toilet at the other. My husband was not aware of the bathroom situation ahead of time and he did mention that he wasn't thrilled with the idea of not having a seperate bathroom (another good reason for the balcony!!!). The pool area was lovely. Some reviewers talked about it not being near the bar...Before going into the pool my husband and I both ordered drinks and they brought them to us and kept checking up on us (keep in mind-we're only talking about walking up a few steps to the next level to get to the bar/open restaurant area). Not a big deal at all if you do have to walk to order your drinks...
The hotel booked two of our trips...White water rafting with Rancho los Tucanes (which was one of the highlights of our trip). The guide-"Mega" was fantastic!
Also went on a catamaran/snorkeling trip thru Catamaran tours. I love sailing on Catamarans sinice they tend to be smoother on water. We also saw a dolpin and turtles on our sail. The snorkle itself was just OK. I found the ride and the lunch to be the best part of it! I would still do it again.
.All in all I found this a great place to stay...very romantic. Keep in mind this is a boutique hotel-not a resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel, Spa & Waterfront Reserve offers intimacy and elegance for your romantic escape. Each suite includes a Jacuzzi bath tub for relaxation and enjoyment, as well as a majestic ocean view overlooking a pristine pacific cove. A plush king size bed, sofa, and room service from our boutique restaurant await your arrival. You can also indulge yourself with a massage in our spa after a day of adventure on one of our many tours or beaches. Our romantic hideaway suites access adjacent sandy beaches with a walk to the cove or famous Manuel Antonio Park and beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Issimo Hotel Boutique
- Issimo Boutique Hotel
- Issimo Suites Boutique Hotel And Spa Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio