Tulemar Resort
La Mansion Inn(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$361
US$212
Travelocity
Parador Resort and Spa(Manuel Antonio)
US$264
US$251
Gaia Hotel & Reserve(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$412
US$386
Travelocity
Hotel Mimos(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$55
Shana By The Beach, Hotel Residence & Spa(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$148
US$461
US$448
Hotel Costa Verde(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$186
Hotwire.com
Hotel Verde Mar(Manuel Antonio)
US$77
Divisamar Hotel & Casino(Manuel Antonio)
US$93
US$65
Mango Moon Villa(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$111
1,472 results
All reviewsbuena vista villasprivate beachpersonal conciergebedroom villaboogie boardscosta ricapura vidajungle houseconcierge garyselect villatule cafeshuttle servicefamily pooldinner reservationsthree bedroomevery morningbeach bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 February 2012

We have just returned from a 5 day stay at Tulemar's Buena Vista Luxury Villas. Every element of this visit was first class. The villas sit perched on a cliff above a picture perfect private crescent sand beach. It is less than 3 miles to Manuel Antonio Park and Beach, but there is actually no need to go there. Tulemar is well within the rain forest itself, and there is an abundance of wildlife everywhere (right down to the spider monkeys who visit our terrace every evening).
You are greeted at Tulemar by top notch staff and a truly personalized concierge who is available to inform you of all there is to do in the area. Our concierge, Brian, was terrific and arranged a white water rafting trip (which we needed to change several times - no problem), surfing lesson, and several restaurant recommendations.
The villas themselves were much more than we expected. They were virtually brand new, and by my estimates, more than 2000 s/f. Huge! Each of the two bedrooms had double volcanic stone outdoor showers, and the upstairs consisted of a wall of glass leading to a full floor vista terrace with a hot tub, dining room table and sitting area - all facing the rain forest and the ocean. There is a full kitchen with brand new granite counter tops and appliances, and the villas, although all decorated the same, were very tastefully done and quite modern. Our villa could have slept up to 10 persons. If you want the kitchen stocked with food - they will do the shopping for you.
There are some steep hills here which can be tough to climb - but there is a shuttle van that runs constantly and is always available to come get you if you call (or if you don't it will pass every few minutes). Tulemar is centrally located right between Quepos (the small town) and Manuel Antonio Park. You can easily walk to many restaurants and attractions directly from the property, but the shuttle is almost always willing to take you there for free as well.
I have heard that there are spectacular resorts in the Manuel Antonio area - I just can't imagine what more there is than what we experienced at Buena Vista.
See reviews on this area. It is so amazing and there is so much do in this area. Highly recommended.

1  Thank glbtrvler
Reviewed 28 February 2012

We stayed in a one bedroom select villa for seven nights with our two boys ages 10 and 12. I think the best part of the villa is the wonderful balcony with views of the Pacific, a grill, hammock, and furniture. The beach is very nice with waves to play in and very warm water!! The food and drink service at the beach was good as well.

We ran into people who complained that getting the shuttle to and from the beach involved a long wait at times and they were frustrated. We walked to and from the beach even though it is hilly so we don't have complaints about the shuttle.

We did zip lining, kayaking in the mangroves, a tour of Manuel Antonio national park and
white water rafting. It turns out that the white water rafting with Favia was the best of all the experiences we had! The views were beautiful and there were some small challenging rapids (only considered class II or III). We even saw Toucans flying around and perched in the trees.

My only serious complaint would be that when things did go wrong during our week, they were not handled very professionally. They need to work on finessing their customer service. They were great in helping us set up tours but not so great when my dress got paint on it while sitting on the wicker chair on the deck. My dress and my husband's shorts were ruined. I just wanted reimbursement for the cost of the clothes but it turned into a wheeling and dealing situation with promises to do everything BUT reimburse..including $100.00 gift certificate at Victorias etc. etc. There was a lot of "I have to talk with my boss"
and haggling. It kind of reminded me of trying to buy a car! Anyway, it was very stressful and ultimately we were reimbursed but it could have been handled so simply with an apology and reimbursement and it wasn't. It was almost as if they tried to turn around and make it seem like it was our fault and that we were being unreasonable (at least that's how it felt).

Unfortunately there was also construction going on right next to our villa which lasted from Monday until Friday. I'm wondering why this couldn't have been done in the off season? We were out early and back late many days so it wasn't horrible, but who wants to hear saws and hammering etc when they are trying to get away from it all? They did pay for one of our tours to make up for it, but still....

Despite all of this, however, I think we would go there again! It was just so beautiful!! But I definitely have a sour taste in my mouth from interactions from the various concierge we had to deal with when we had issues.

Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Don't miss this property. My family, including 11 and 13 year old daughters, had an unbelievable stay at Buena Vista Luxury Villas. We stayed in a 3 bedroom premium villa for 5 nights. Accommodations were spectacular. Amazing views of the beach, monkeys on our porch, full kitchen, 4 bathrooms! Could not be better.

We had a private concierge named Brian who helped us throughout our stay. He made dinner reservations, arranged a white water rafting excursion and even waited with us for our transfer back to the airport.

Top to bottom, first class!

2  Thank BoatingFam
Reviewed 19 February 2012

WOW!!!!!
We just finished a 7 night stay in one of the bungalows with our 8 and 9 year old boys. It was absolutley perfect!
BEAUTIFUL beach w/ nice waves but safe for kids w/ boogie boards and kayaks for free- this is the best reason to stay at Buena Vista!!!!!
monkeys and birds, even a sloth
simple, affordable and clean accomodations
nice paths, but STEEP so plan on a little execise unless you take the free shuttle
Breakfast and lunch served at he beach
Staff is great

The only thing missing was dinner service but plenty of choices for retaurants nearby. We especially liked Salsipuedes, just a few feet down the road, for it's beachy atmosphere and excellent comida tipica.

Room Tip: If you want to pay a little more and get a porch with an ocean view, get a Select Villa- probably worth it. Otherwise, the bungalows have a nice view and better price. The junior suites are a combo- smaller room but nice porch w/ good price. Not much of a kitchen, so plan on eating out most meals.
1  Thank BFamily123
Reviewed 11 February 2012

We returned last night from a 5-day stay in a 1-bedroom select villa (which was an unexpected upgrade from the junior suite we had expected). The suite was beautiful, albeit a hike up the hill from the drop-off site at the pool! No complaints - it was a great workout! The view from room 306 was breathtaking to say the very least. We enjoyed visits from both the spider monkeys and the white faced capuchins. I was surprised by the outgoing personality of the spider monkeys when one surprised me by jumping on my chair and taking the banana that was sitting near me! The staff was great and was available whenever we needed a shuttle from the beach, to dinner or the grocery store. We discovered Barba Rosa, a nearby restaurant, the cooked the snapper my husband caught one day and the snook I caught another day. Both meals were great. Be sure to try out Pez Espada for off shore fishing (we caught 13 sailfish) and Pez Rey for inshore! We would go back here in a minute!

• Stayed: February 2012