The good parts: The veranda was great. Very comfortable outdoor furniture including the hammock. Abundant wildlife putting on shows and the sunset was spectacular. The bed was pretty comfortable too.
We used the kitchenette alot and cooked most of our meals there. By the time we checked in to Buena Vista --we had been in Manual Antonio for 5 days and tried alot of the restaurants. We thought most of the restaurants were overpriced for the area and just okay food. We went to the "Super Mas" in downtown Quespos for food----better selection and prices than the "Super Josepf" which is close to the property. A really nice touch in the kitchenette was the free standing ice machine. We really liked walking the property paths to go to the beach and pools. The private beach was absolutely beautiful. The drinks at the pools were great too.
The not so good parts: We booked a 1 bedroom villa in December 2008 and apparently in December they changed their policy of an included breakfast. Most of the hotels and resorts in Manual Antonio include breakfast. It happens to be something that my husband and I really enjoy so it was definitely missed.
The villa was an octagon with great views but the inside living area needs a facelift. The built-in couch is not at all comfortable and was rather worn out and the draperies were tattered. Also, housekeeping could have done a better job cleaning since we were there for 4 nights. They don't seem to believe in toiletries since had 2 small bars of soap for the entire 4 days and 1 old shampoo, conditioner and lotion. You would think for the price it would be a bit more upscale.
Also, they only have internet wi fi at 2 locations at the pools plus you have to pay $20 for it. So, its not very convienient to schlep your computer up the very steep paths to get to the pools.
But in spite of some our issues we would to back to the Buena Vista. We really liked the Manual Antonio area and want to experience some of the other hotels and resorts the next time -- which will be soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Tulemar Resort The Premier Resort Hotel in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica Rated as the number 1 resort hotel in Central America and Costa Rica and number 9 in the World by Trip Advisor Tulemar Resort is a full service resort set in the peaceful 33-acre gated and secure Tulemar Gardens Condominium. A wide variety of standalone accommodations are available for our guests, including the famed Tulemar Bungalows & Villas, as well as our luxurious 1, 2, and 3 bedroom Buena Vista Luxury Villas. The property itself is spectacular, nestled in a lush rainforest overlooking the beautiful Manuel Antonio coastline. Surrounded by nature, Tulemar Resort features incredible gardens, walking paths, thriving wildlife, and the ONLY exclusive sandy beach in the region. At Tulemar Resort you will enjoy the luxury and privacy of your very own villa, along with the amenities of a high end resort, including concierge service, daily maid service, 4 swimming pools, beach bar, spa services, tour desk, and the best sunset bar and restaurant in town. We invite you to review our website for photos and details, then book one of these magnificent villas or bungalows and experience the most unforgettable vacation of your life! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Tulemar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buena Vista Luxury Villas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Buena Vista Hotel And Casas
- Tulemar Resort Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park