This is a lovely and good value backpacker option in Manuel Antonio which is filled with options but can be quite expensive if you're on a budget. The dorms are nice, if a little pokey but comfortable and clean as are the bathrooms. The great thing is that there's only four people to a dorm so small is good. You have options with and without air con as well as privates. Breakfast of toast and jam is included and in the high season the restaurant is open which is run by the son of the owner who is a chef and apparently makes great pizza. We were there in low season and unfortunately didn't get to sample the the pizza. The view is hard to beat and great for sunset beers. Location wise it's also perfect. The owners are lovely as is Conrad, their son who runs the joint well. They can also hook you up with a fantastic local (bilingual) guide, Henry, who can take you through Manuel Antonio and you will see so much more wildlife than if you just walk through it yourself. A great option in Manuel Antonio.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hostel is nestled into the heart of the jungle in Manuel Antonio center with a breathtaking ocean and sunset view over the green canopy. From very affordable dormitory bunk beds to slightly more luxurious private rooms with ocean view- we have it all and it all comes with a free continental breakfast in the morning! The common terrace area has hammocks for lounging and reading a book or just taking a snooze amongst the squawks of scarlet macaws and the touch of the ocean breeze. There is also a fully equipped communal kitchen and TV lounge with cable and dvds to watch. The spread out set up of the cabins allows us to be both family friendly and also party friendly, bringing together a unique combo of the two. Just remember at Hostel Vista Serena we host the fun!! Pura Vida! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Hostel Vista Serena reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vista Serena Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Hostel Vista Serena Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio