“Perfect value for the cost!”

Hostel Vista Serena
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Very clean, extremely helpful staff, extremely peaceful view with hammocks and common area where I met incredible friends from all over the world. Staff had amazing recommendations, the bus stop is only about a 5 minute walk away, awesome security, and even a smoothie bar! Loved this place!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hostel Vista Serena

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Great place for backpackers!
This place has the best sun set view ....
Cheap and easy bus transportation to the park and to quepos town!
My favorite part was to have sunset beers with home made nachos at the hostel! But they have a restaurant also!

Room Tip: They have different options, privates have ocean view like balcony, but the dorms have a comun area...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I was there with my daughter and had a great time with other customers, music, good healthy drinks, great food, fish, burritos, and casados. I took my niece, her three children and my daughter for dinner twice.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Roberto B
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I stayed at Vista Serena in Manuel Antonio Jan 31st-Feb 1st with 10 of my friends. I booked this location a few days in advance and I could already tell I made the right choice when I spoke to Jemila. She was very sweet and so accommodating to my large group. We arrive earlier than check-in and they allowed us to lock up our things while we hit the beach. The vibe was perfect there; music playing constantly, views were spectacular, and the employees were as sweet as can be. We stayed in a large 18 bed dorm ($11/night) and despite the amount of people in the room it was very clean! We were given towels to shower with free of charge. The beach/national park was only a short 10 minute bus ride (285 colones). At night there was a security officer on premise and we were given wrist bands to ensure no unwelcome guests could walk in. I felt very safe there. In the morning there was coffee, toast, and jam. I wish we had stayed another night!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 January 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 4 nights while visiting Manuel Antonio. Vista Serena has a very very friendly group of staff, almost all of which are English speaking which is convenient. The hostel organizes plenty of tours around the area and even exchanges USD. The facilities are fairly clean, but not the best. What you pay for is the view and atmosphere. Plenty of young backpacker guests and perfect for meeting people. The view is simply amazing. From 3 places: hammocks, eating Area or one of the private rooms, which is what we had ($60/night with shared bathroom and kitchen with one other 3 bed private room). It was a little on the pricey side for us travellers but the view from atop the mountain overlooking the jungle and ocean (facing west for sunsets) was worth it.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2014

After 21 days of this magical rustic place with a view like you could not believe You soon discover your home away form home
The Owners Sonia and Conrad ( a mother and son team ) work so hard along with there lovely staff to make your stay be one to remember weather it be 1 night or like my self 21 nights

. When walking to the property you are greeted by one of the most beautiful dogs Asha a 90 pound Rhodesian Ridgeback and a tiny white sweet heart of a dog. From there you walk into this patio with flags of the world and guest most taking in the view and sun. The property has not 1 but 3 options for a meal a in house kitchen where you make your own meal or the kitchen on the patio for as little as $6.00 you can get some pretty amazing meals fresh fish, Costa Rica fresh fruit plate etc and in the front of the property there is a wonderful fresh Smoothie bar with FRESH Costa Rica berries melons veggies mixed to order ( Strawberry Passion fruit and Black berry is my FAV ) I planned on staying a few nights however you quickly make some amazing friends and before you know it you have stayed a week The lovely women who works the desk in the evenings is always singing, dancing and a delight to talk to ( J ) she helps and organizes a number of tours form Rafting To Zip Lining and my favorite the Vanilla Spice tour. There are a number of small Ma and Pa soda's ( little rustic restaurants) are located near by " Le Angel" is my favorite little place large tasty meals made fresh with the help of the Owners children it is a place I would go to !! I could go on and on and on about this Paradise however I would STRONGLY call Hostel Vista Serena in advance as they book up very fast There are a number of 4 bed dorms with AC $16.00 a night a new house that rooms could be rented from fully equipped kitchen and bedrooms and a large dorm that for $10.00 a night can not be beat. Clean sheets and towels, hot showers ,free international calls , free internet, free coffee ,tea and bread in the morning This is the best place to enjoy when in the Pacific Coast This is not my first time coming here there are a large number of guests that return to this Oasis every year it is almost like a family reunion actually Sonia and Conrad and the entire staff make you feel welcomed and enjoy knowing you and treat you like family

This is one place you will never forget with the help of facebook you are sure to make long ever lasting friendships with fellow travellers. Looking forward to my next trip!!!!

Room Tip: There is no pool it is NOT terrible
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

In a pricey area Vista Serena is good value for money. Bathrooms could use an update, ventilation was a headache in our cabin. Sunset views are gorgeous from all terraces/balconies. For very young travellers this is a great place to meat people.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends