“A great stay in Manuel Antonio”

Hostel Vista Serena
Quebec City, Canada
“A great stay in Manuel Antonio”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I had a great stay in Manuel Antonio. The sunset was spectacular on the pacific ocean, there's hammocks and cooking tools and 2 freezer. The staff was super great! I f you want to go the the beach (or the Parc) there's shuttle for 1$ every 30 minutes, pretty convenient. Know that haft of the Parc are now close for renovation, there's only the main track open.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Guyl101

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Hebrew first
Saginaw, Michigan
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Wow, by far my favorite hostel in Costa Rica thus far!!!
Such good vibes!
The place has a great location on the hill just a bit away from the downtown/central craziness and it only cost c300 to take the bus downtown to the beach or the main restaurants/ park. The hostel is situated in a place where you can see the sun setting perfectly at night. Its great to just relax in one of the hammocks and take in the spectacular views surrounded by really chill people. I also loved waking up to a rooster crowing in the morning. Very Costa Rican style.

They have Free coffee all day and Toast with Jelly in the morning for breakfast. I just added some peanut butter to mine and also had lunch ready for that day.
Good people stay there. You don't have to worry about your stuff getting stolen.
Great WiFi and super clean rooms with Fans! It was just perfect for my time in Manuel Antonio.
The hostel is only a 5 minute walk away from the bus stop/ the local mini mart. The mini mart has fresh fruit, bread, alcohol and other necessities.They have a great restaurant on site with really tasty affordable food also.

If you want a chill relaxing place with good energy and really good people I would say this is the best place to stay. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there and would HIGHLY recommend this hostel to anyone going to stay in Manuel Antonio!!

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room in the whole place!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Emellee
San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Very clean, extremely helpful staff, extremely peaceful view with hammocks and common area where I met incredible friends from all over the world. Staff had amazing recommendations, the bus stop is only about a 5 minute walk away, awesome security, and even a smoothie bar! Loved this place!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Great place for backpackers!
This place has the best sun set view ....
Cheap and easy bus transportation to the park and to quepos town!
My favorite part was to have sunset beers with home made nachos at the hostel! But they have a restaurant also!

Room Tip: They have different options, privates have ocean view like balcony, but the dorms have a comun area...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Liberia, Costa Rica
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I was there with my daughter and had a great time with other customers, music, good healthy drinks, great food, fish, burritos, and casados. I took my niece, her three children and my daughter for dinner twice.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Roberto B
San Pedro, Costa Rica
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I stayed at Vista Serena in Manuel Antonio Jan 31st-Feb 1st with 10 of my friends. I booked this location a few days in advance and I could already tell I made the right choice when I spoke to Jemila. She was very sweet and so accommodating to my large group. We arrive earlier than check-in and they allowed us to lock up our things while we hit the beach. The vibe was perfect there; music playing constantly, views were spectacular, and the employees were as sweet as can be. We stayed in a large 18 bed dorm ($11/night) and despite the amount of people in the room it was very clean! We were given towels to shower with free of charge. The beach/national park was only a short 10 minute bus ride (285 colones). At night there was a security officer on premise and we were given wrist bands to ensure no unwelcome guests could walk in. I felt very safe there. In the morning there was coffee, toast, and jam. I wish we had stayed another night!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 4 nights while visiting Manuel Antonio. Vista Serena has a very very friendly group of staff, almost all of which are English speaking which is convenient. The hostel organizes plenty of tours around the area and even exchanges USD. The facilities are fairly clean, but not the best. What you pay for is the view and atmosphere. Plenty of young backpacker guests and perfect for meeting people. The view is simply amazing. From 3 places: hammocks, eating Area or one of the private rooms, which is what we had ($60/night with shared bathroom and kitchen with one other 3 bed private room). It was a little on the pricey side for us travellers but the view from atop the mountain overlooking the jungle and ocean (facing west for sunsets) was worth it.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple