“Awesome Ziplines!”

Adventure Park and Hotel Vista Golfo
Ranked #1 of 2 Miramar B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Don't hesitate to book this tour instead of the one sold on the cruise ship....this one is so much better, with longer and more ziplines, plus it's very picturesque soaring in the canopy above gorgeous waterfall after waterfall. The expert guides were superb, their gear is super safe, and they were all great at delivering a spectacular experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Adventure Park and Hotel Vista Golfo

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We had the BEST time on their zip line tour with 25 lines over 11 waterfalls ! There were four of us in this small group and we had 3 guides with us ! I felt safe the whole time, even as we learned to rappel over a waterfall ! It was a great experience and I would highly recommend their professional team. We even had a great lunch prepared for us after our tour. The open air reception area of the hotel was breezy and overlooked the jungle down to the sea. We were very impressed and would do this again !

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We stayed at the hotel at the end of March. The view from our room was magnificint! The food and service were both very good. The zip-lining was really incredible! The guides are very professional, and fun, as well...We would definitely recommend this place to anyone we know! My girlfriend was a bit nervous about the zip lining, but after completing her first (of 25), she was totally thrilled! Definitely a big highlight of our vacation.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 22. We loved it and the view...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We had soooo much fun doing the zip-line!! It was well orchestrated, timely and the staff was friendly and helpful. A delicious lunch was served afterward and was much appreciated. Miramar was really a pretty area of Costa Rica. So different from the coast and the big city.
Please tell Walter HI!!! from his Colorado friends: Deb, Stephanie, Greg and JACKIE !!! He was great!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2014

we did not stay at the hotel, so this review is only about the zip-lining. we were grouped with only one other family, which let us get to know each other and were very pleasant. our guides, Daniel, Pasquale, Jose, and JJ were a very lively, friendly, and funny bunch! they secured us into our harnesses and checked them twice. both families had young boys, which the guides were very encouraging and playful with. our son went before us, and he was not even scared because he felt so comfortable with them. the zip-lining itself was s p e c t a c u l a r!! over waterfalls and lush treetops we went, giving us beautiful as well as exciting views. towards the middle, they have a break where you can jump into a mountain pool with waterfall and serve drinks. the rappelling is very cool and crossing a narrow wooden bridge is extra fun when hop on it! we paid an additional $15 to do the superman line, which harnesses you in face-down position, which can be very intimidating, but worth it for the amazing view as if flying like a bird.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We stayed over night on March 10th and ziplined on March 11th.
First off, the guides were extremely friendly, helpful and had our children's safety in mine. However we were a little disappoint as we were put in a group of about 35 other people, since their bus had shown up late (they were to start at 9am, us 11am)

I was originally told our zipline tour would start at 9am, but the next day I was told 11am. In all fairness I had requested 11am when I had booked, but I didn't know that the request was granted. We had breakfast at 7am so we had a lot of time to kill, we walked the grounds and swam in the pool.

However, the guy at the desk said it would be much better for our family (kids 13,9 &7) to go at 11am as there was only us and 6 other people and the 9am slot had about 30 people. This ment our children would get extra help when needed and the experience would be better with less people. I completely agreed with him. However, that didn't happen, the bus with the 30 + people showed up over 1 hour late and then they put all of us together - so 40 people or so. Yes, they provided about 10 guides, however, when we got to the zipline area they didn't have helmuts or gloves for my kids, hense another 45 min wait. Once the ziplining started for our family I felt like we were rushed through as "we needed to catch up to the group"
I understand that the bus being late was not the actual Adventure Park's fault, however I think they should have sent my family and the other 6 people at 9am and made the group of 30 go at 11am. I know our experience would have been much better. Not sure why the bus driver could not have called the Adventure Park letting them know about the late arrival time - everyone in Costa Rica had a cell phone.

We had booked the Golden Package and stayed overnight in villa 21, it was clean, neat and a little outdated but that wasn't a big deal. Beautiful view of the sunset from the villa. This included dinner & breakfast.

I would be curious to know if anyone else - 30 people from Windsor, Ontario that were staying in Tamarindo for a destination wedding - got sick from the food.
The Ziplining package includes lunch, so we had a late lunch (around 2:30pm) needless to say our family was starving since we had breakfast at 7am and nothing in between. Anyway, 4 out of 5 of us had beef or chicken along with the rice, beans and pasta salad. Later that night when we arrived back in Tamarindo 4 of us starting feeling sick and by the next morning we all had diarrhea. I can't say for sure that we got it from the food, however we never ate anywhere else in that 24 hr period and I think it was more then a coincidence that the 4 of us that ate the meat got sick. This lasted for a number of days...
I suggest that Adventure Park makes sure they are handling food properly as I'm not sure what the standard is in Costa Rica compared to Canada. This could also be attributed to having to serve lunch to 40 people after ziplining - hense the disorganization. At the time, the food did taste well, but obviously was not!!!

All in all, I would go ziplining again there, but would insist on having a much, much smaller group. I really wish I had asked for a refund of some sort as we certainly did not get what was promised to us - smaller group!!! I have ziplined in Mexico, Jamaica & Hawaii and the largest group prior to this was 12.

Room Tip: Room 21 was for 5-6 people, 2 bathrooms and a fantastic view!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Let me start out by saying that I have traveled quite extensively around the world and have great experience with many different cultures. I also have never left a negative review regarding anything. This experience changed everything. I was traveling with my 14 year old daughter and we were looking forward to staying at Hotel Vista Golfo and participating in zip lining and horseback riding. We arrived at approximately 8 pm, and I swore I had to be at the wrong place. I drove down a long narrow dirt road with little to no lighting. I finally turned around because I did not see any resemblance of an entrance or hotel. I drove 8 miles back to a gas station where I asked an attendant if he knew where Visto Volvo was......as I was asking, the owner's son pulled into the station with his girlfriend. He was a nice man and offered to have me follow him back to the property. I followed him back and, sure enough, I was in the right place the first time. Feeling skeptical and uneasy, I decided to check out the rooms since I had driven all the way from Last Fortuna. I was greeted at the desk by a nice young man who then handed me a bag with my tv clicker, air conditioner clicker and room key....that was a first. My daughter and I followed him to our room, it was pitch dark and not a person to be seen or heard. I was the only car in the parking lot so I believe I was the only guest. We got to the room and I was shocked when I saw what they called a room. It looked and felt like something out of a 1970's horror movie...The Shining comes to mind and it was full of mold and unsanitary. My daughter is extremely allergic to mold and was creeped out by the whole atmosphere. Needless to say, we left in a hurry. I have no idea how their zip lining is but I wasn't waiting around to try it...it was that seedy, creepy and disgusting!

• Stayed: March 2014
VistaGolfo, Owner at Adventure Park and Hotel Vista Golfo, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear customer

We noticed you did exactly what you had promised on our email conversations, that if we did not return your money back, you were going to write a bad review on Trip Advisor and other traveling reviews places, you really did it.
Also you mentioned on the comment, things that are not even close to reality; and when you read all the comments different people around the world have written are totally different than what you wrote, because on our web site, it says clearly that we are a relaxing mountain hotel, so we could really understand that maybe you and the young lady traveling with you, were expecting to find a really nice night life place with music, dancing people and things like that. Unfortunately we are not, as mentioned on the emails and web site, we are a small mountain hotel with the warranty that our clients can have a real relaxing night after done our tours or after driven like you did, a long distance and get totally ready to do the tours on the next morning.
Hundreds of excellent reviews are not going to make us feel down, actually thank you, because comments like the one you did, make us look around and be better for our future real clients, once again, everything was ready for you, not all our clients come with their own cars to our Adventure Park, but by the time finally you arrived, everybody was already on the rooms, and just to pleased you, we were not going to go door by door asking our clients on that night to say Hello to you to make you feel comfortable and really check if you were not the only guest at the hotel, that on our opinion is ridiculous to be so concerned that if you was o was not the only guest at the hotel on that night.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Miramar
Vista Las Islas Hotel & Spa
Alamar Aparthotel
Alamar Aparthotel
#10 of 20 in Punta Arenas
Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica

Been to Adventure Park and Hotel Vista Golfo? Share your experiences!