“This restaurant has it all”

Playa de los Artistas
Ranked #9 of 43 Restaurants in Montezuma
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: View, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed in Montezuma for two nights and had dinner at this restaurant both nights. Why? All the other restaurants in with similar prices seemed to have less interesting menues and are most certainly not located about 5 meters from the ocean with outdoor tables to overlook the swells! We loved to sit so clise to the water while enjoying fantasitc food (whole grilled fish was a real treat!) and being served by the very polite and knowledgable staff! If we return to Montezuma we'll keep having our dinners here.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

My family of four went to dinner last night, July 3, 2014. My husband and I and two 20 year olds. We ordered four different plates. Zucchini with kale, cheese ect. Eggplant Parmesan, phyllo dough empenadas and seafood gnocchi. We all shared, Absolutely delicious. The sauces were so good we asked for extra bread to get every single bite. Planning to go tonight and getting the hour long whole chicken. Atmosphere sitting right in the beach is priceless . Service was great. Some reviewers I think are just a bit foreign snobbery. The waitresses were polite and helpful. A smile will go along way in any visiting country!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

My boyfriend and I ate at this restaurant the last time we came to Montezuma two years ago. We sort of stumbled upon it and had basically struck gold. When we returned this time for my 35th birthday, it was just as I had remembered, enchanting, dreamy, and just amazing. The food is top notch - fresh, innovative, and delicious. The service is lovely - you are able to take your time and allow your meal to be a true experience - taking in the view, the smells, the tastes, the atmosphere, the company. You are surrounded by the sounds of the ocean, candleabras, cats on the comfy chairs, beautiful works of art. It's amazing. The family who runs this restaurant is incredibly kind as well. There was a huge rainstorm during our dinner and the power had gone out in the town. My boyfriend and I had no way of seeing our way back to our hotel so the owners graciously lent us a flashlight and umbrella, even offering to drive us back. That is the true essence of this town and its people - something that just adds to the wonder of the experience. Thank you and we will be back again very soon!!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This is the fanciest restaurant in Montezuma. I enjoyed it. The first time I ate here, I had the pepper shrimp, which were HUGE and very great flavor. The next time I came, I had the roast beef which was very tender and had a great flavor. They have more beers to choose from that are considered craft versus other establishments in the area. They have great menus and great views. A very nice woman comes around to explain the menu to you if you don't fully understand the menu. Great experience.

I recommend buying a shirt! They have unique shirts the owner designed.

1  Thank marrrrrrrk
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Incredible food perched on the ocean's edge. The ocean view at sunset is the focal point of the dining experience with the food coming a close 2nd.

The staff were incredibly kind, warm and helpful.

Clever cuisine, artful presentation and warmth exudes. Recommend to anyone - whether dining as a group or alone. S