“Good Batidos and Baked Goods!”
Review of The Bakery Cafe

The Bakery Cafe
Ranked #15 of 39 Restaurants in Montezuma
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 14 July 2012

We had been driving our quad from Mal Pais to Montezuma to do some shopping and were getting a little hungry in the mid afternoon. So we asked a local woman selling jewelry where we could get the best batido (fresh fruit smoothie) in town. She pointed to the local bakery. So that is where we went. My husband's mouth started watering as soon as he saw the case of baked goods. He set his eyes on a piece of chocolate pie - it was his as soon as he saw it. My daughter and I both just got plain crossaints - these were ok - as I think they heated them in the microwave, which probably would have been better if they hadn't done this. My husband loved his piece of pie. I had a pineapple batido, my daughter had a mango one and my husband had a chocolate banana one. They were all very delicious!

Reviewed 13 July 2012

Nice place, great food! It really gives you that tropical feeling!

Reviewed 30 June 2012

We went here for breakfast and were very pleased with our choice!

First of all, the decor and ambience of this restaurant is perfectly delightful. It is decorated with a focus on nature, which I really enjoyed.

The breakfast was wonderful! I love the typical Costa Rican breakfast and this one did not fail to please. I only wished that the portion was a little bigger, but that's probably the gluttonous side of me talking! The coffee and the fresh fruit juice was also marvelous. One of the best things in Costa Rica has got to be the food and drink!

A great choice for a good breakfast! I imagine that the rest of their food is probably pretty good, too.

Reviewed 22 June 2012

Bakery cafe turned put to be my sons favorite while we were in montezuma I think because the food more resembled food from home. He was partial to the panqueques and mango Jugo maturalesa. Good coffee for me. And they have donuts. The taco speciial was more like taquitos on salad. Breakfast costs about $16 us dollars. They take credit cards. Service friendly but a little slow paced

Reviewed 9 June 2012

This was one of my favorite meals in Montezuma. The ceviche is so fresh and tasty! The chicken empanada was fantastic!

Relaxing, laid-back atmosphere, and friendly staff. They even have a friendly cat.