“Plenty of animals to watch while you enjoy your meal”
Review of The Bakery Cafe

The Bakery Cafe
Ranked #11 of 37 Restaurants in Montezuma
Cuisines: Cafe, Central American, Costa Rican
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Rome
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Plenty of animals to watch while you enjoy your meal”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We had to go back here a second time both for the good food and because I didn't have my camera the first time to take photos of all the animals. There were lots of monkeys jumping around in the trees around the cafe plus birds, iguanas and squirrels. The owner was very friendly and we had nice meals both times. Especially the indian meal for 2 and the juices. Service was a little slow but we were happy just to watch the monkeys while we waited.

• Visited November 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice breakfast spot”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I recently spent 4 mornings in Montezuma and went here on 3 out of the 4. The food is good, relatively simple and inexpensive, and there is also a large selection of juices and smoothie drinks that are delicious. One of the novelties of this place is that the monkeys and birds hang around hoping to get your food. My girlfriend thinks this is cute, however the attention from the animals is fairly oppressive and I did not find it very cute. That being said, guard your food closely and don't be alarmed if a bird lands on your table, just shoo it away.

• Visited October 2013
Itasca, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent spot for a snack”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Enjoyed the baked items, and very friendly staff (who isn't in Costa Rica!?!?). Wish I had gone back.

• Visited August 2013
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Amazing smoothies, lovely breakfast place”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

My boyfriend and I arrived for breakfast at this small place and chose a table by the corner of the open balcony. I ordered a papaya smoothie in soy milk, and it was absolutely delicious. My boyfriend had a vegetarian omelet with large, fresh vegetables. I had a large pancake with chocolate and bananas. All of it was very good, as was the coffee. The owner, Luis, was very friendly and introduced us to his family.

Soon we were joined by group of about six blue birds that would inch closer and closer in order to "ask" for food. They were completely unafraid of humans, flying closely over our heads. It was very amusing to watch. Later a group of monkeys dropped by. Truly charming.

• Visited July 2013
Burbank, California
“truly one of a kind!”
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Ok, this place we could eat at every day for breakfast or lunch (no dinner served) The best coffee and cakes available as well as the ham,onion, & chess pastry that is a must try. they offer fresh mango juice in a bottle that we bought and took back to our villas and made the best smoothies!!

Visited June 2013