“Fresh hight quality local and Italian meal in a tourist zone”
Review of Organico

Organico
Ranked #22 of 43 Restaurants in Montezuma
Cuisines: Italian, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Craving a chic atmosphere with high quality healthy food and locally grown fresh organic fruit smoothies? Well, then Organico is the place for you! Settled in the heart of Montezuma, you can sip on anything from espresso to mango, papaya & avocado ice cream shakes.Here you can find vegan, vegetarian and gluten free options along with your typical Costa Rican dishes. The newly owned Organico is currently the only restaurant in Montezuma center with Italian chefs who’s influence has attracted many. Come and enjoy Montezuma with a taste of homemade gelato (vegan friendly) bread and cakes, cappuccino, the special pancake, ceviche, or a simple casado with secret and natural ingredients. Natural products are available for sale: coconut oil, carao, spirulina, different natural herbs and much more! Organico also provides yoga and a “book exchange” corner. Last but not least, the new Organico created the one and only Live Music project in Montezuma! Every Monday has “open mic” where anyone can play, and each day you can find eclectic bands and art expressions! Organico is a slow life community, Pura Vida are welcome! From de-light to the night!Breakfast, lunch, dinner, easy and healthy food, natural products, bakery, homemade bread, homemade cheese, LIVE MUSIC!, wi fi, book exchange, homemade gelato, smoothies, shakes, cappuccino & espresso italiano... ... ... the original in Montezuma!(Organico is waiting for the change of ALL the informations on other website and books. We yet did the requests, just wait for the answers - the place is ALSO but ont ONLY vegan. Thank you for choosing us)
Reviewed 3 August 2014

In a hot day we parked the car near Organico and stopped for a drink before lunch. The quality of fresh mango smoothy impressed me big times and we stayed for lunch. Offer was not wide but very nice options of fish, meat, past and some local food. I had blue marlin freshly cooked and salad per my request (outside menu). The chef is an Italian and his very attractive young wife welcomes guests in the place - open area with ventilators and wooden tables. It was not crowded and we very warmly welcomed by the hosts. Free wifi and real italian espresso after lunch created a perfect ambiance to enjoy very good meal in a touristic hippy area.
Price was very reasonable - 48 USD for 2 full lunch with beer, smoothy and coffee at the end.
Next day we didn't think of anything else, but same place! and it definitely exceeded our expectations.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

The food and drinks were amazing! We ordered appetizers and fresh seafood and enjoyed every bite. This is a great little place with healthy, filling menu selections, lovely decor and great service. We will definitely return!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I went one night when I saw they had music playing. I got a gelato shake and it was ok. The guacamole was great. I think the service could have been improved but it was very busy because of the musical guests, so I cannot judge my experience with any other night of the week.

1  Thank marrrrrrrk
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Organico has the best vegetarian lasagna I have ever had! So so so good. I visited on a night with live reggae music and the atmosphere of the cafe was so calming, funky, and beautiful. My experience showed service being slow in the evenings... but somehow the food and scene made up for that.

1  Thank Gariele B
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We had heard good things about this restaurant, particularly the live music and we were looking forward to a night out. Unfortunately we missed open mic night and there was nothing else going on the night we were there or all week for that matter. Thought that was odd for high season.

In any event when we finally did get service we learned that they don't sell beer so we order a couple of really expensive smoothies with a shot of vodka in them. Ended up being close to $25 for two drinks. And we had to wait another 20 minutes for the cheque.

We get the whole organic vibe but for those who don't enjoy wine perhaps they could add some craft beers to the menu? Or maybe I don't get the whole organic thing and that's why I was so anhoyed at the ultra slow service.

The whole experience was a pain in the butt...lol

1  Thank Tracy C