“Couldn't have asked for better”
One-Bedroom Villa Pool
Pool & Outdoor Deck
Garden
Villa Plan
Logo Casa Frangipani
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviewed 15 April 2013 for a stay in May 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
Jacek-Jad...
East Dorset, Vermont
“Couldn't have been more perfect”
Reviewed 13 February 2013 for a stay in December 2012

Our family of 3 loved our stay 5 days in Villa # 3 .
Great location , beautiful view , very save and quiet .

We enjoy a lot swimming every morning and evening in the pool , have breakfast on the porch with amazing view and howler singing monkeys .
We love Montezuma , we love this place and we will be back soon.
Jadwiga , Jacek and Kathleen .

Liked best: everything
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
Taz046
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A little slice of paradise - on a hill!”
Reviewed 31 January 2013 for a stay in January 2013

All I can say that it was a little slice of paradise! As I was on foot the hill was an issue, but after having Alex (the caretaker) show me a short cut, the road did not become a problem.

Alex was really friendly and helpful, as well as the cleaning lady.

The actual villa was awesome... I have made several of my friends very jealous! The pool was one of the best I have been in... Almost a private pool if you like. It gets the sun all day and is heavenly if you have made the "trek" up the hill. The gardens were immaculate; the views stunning!

The bed was super comfy, the showers (outdoor AND indoor!) were great. Really clean and simple interiors which I love.

I know these were self-catering villas, but a couple of things that would have been nice to have in situ were: a lemon squeezer (to make ceviche and cocktails), a little cooking oil (which won't go off, even in the heat) and a knife steel (the knives were very blunt). All of these are, I am sure, very cheap to get hold of. The only reason I mention these is because I cooked 4 of my 5 nights there.

All in all, this is a bargain for what you get - it really is a great place to be, both financially and aesthetically. Pura vida!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The views and the pool
Liked least: The hill!
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Friends getaway
Pauline L
London, England, United Kingdom
“Beautiful villa”
Reviewed 9 January 2013 for a stay in January 2013

This is great value for such a beautiful one bed villa, the grounds are incredibly lush and well kept and you have the jungle just outside your window. We really enjoyed the outside shower, the views from the terrace and the pool which, we often had to ourselves as there are only three more villas to share it with. We were on honeymoon and really appreciated the welcome champagne chilling for us on arrival. Our villa was number 2. The views of distant ocean and jungle are good but villa 3 at the front has the best view and this was the original one we were offered before it was quickly changed to 2. Not sure what happened there as the guy who ended up in that very scenic villa seemed to have booked a good while after us but, no matter. Villas are cleaned daily but apart from the maid the only other person we saw was Alex who was very helpful when requested but otherwise didn't give any additional info. Wasn't a problem though as we are happy to get on with it and in advance of our visit, the owner made restaurant reservations and Alex booked a cab and massage whilst we were there. You do really need a car for this property because whilst it is possible to walk, it is a very steep and winding walk back up the main road. We like to try out different restaurants and have a few drinks but the walk put us off doing that so we drove into Montezuma and stayed sober or ate in the villa. Pick up supplies and delicious fresh breads at the supermarket which, whilst unfriendly and always packed, is very well stocked for CR and had everything we needed. Mixed feelings about Montezuma generally. We were attracted by the hippy tag but didn't get a great vibe. The beach at the north end is stunning and we enjoyed good food in Puggo and Artistes but having made the day trip to Santa Teresa and found it stunning and friendly, I think i would recommend that location instead. But for value for money and general ambience, Casa Frangipani was top notch.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The views, the stars, the outside shower, the privacy
Liked least: The distance up a very steep hill from town
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
HStevens1...
New York City, New York
“Breathtaking”
Reviewed 21 August 2012 for a stay in May 2012

Stay at this rental and you won't be sorry!!! This place is spectacular from the owner, to the house, the pool, and even the wildlife, it's perfect!!!
We had a fantastic time during our six day stay in May. It's close to town, but the pool and view will make you not want to leave. The howler monkeys that live in the area actually nested outside of our deck for the evening so we had a close up view of them. Truly a magical experience!!!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Tera R
Lehigh Acres, Florida, United States
“Magical - A Place of Firsts!!!”
Reviewed 6 June 2012 for a stay in March 2012

As soon as I clicked on the page and saw the exact view that I saw while floating in a pool as the profile picture for Casa Frangipani the first thing I did was smile (in the picture you can't see the ocean in the distance) : }. I loved being here and I have only wonderful things to say about Casa Frangipani. First, it is simply beautiful -- the villas, the views, the sounds, the people. We stayed in Villa #3 - we were right next to the pool (I read a review posted from a woman who was in Villa #1 and she thought her view was great, but suggested that the view in Villa #3 had to be the best, plus it was right next to the pool). Sold!! Casa Frangipani sits on the top of a steep mountain (it's on Calle Linda Vista (Beautiful View Street), and from our villa we were surrounded by nature and different landscapes--we had rain forest with a river we could hear running below, 2 different views of the ocean (East and West)--and hummingbirds, parakeets, lots of beautiful birds that I don't know by name, butterflies, flowers, trees, and howler monkeys (we didn't spot them but we heard them every morning and evening)--oh and an Iguana I fed mangos to on the terrace.

The grounds are beautifully kept with flowers growing everywhere, everything is clean and tranquil, the pool is wonderful. Our villa was spacious and made of stone--which was cool on my feet and so beautiful. We had an outdoor shower (which I took all but 1 of my showers in)--it was simply perfect. There's also an indoor shower which is beautiful but not nearly as fun! And everyone Rebeca (the proprietar), Arbel (the gardener), Yvette (the housekeeper) was warm, welcoming and awesome. Rebeca greeted us and told us everything we needed to know about our villa and the town of Montezuma. We were left in the capable and super nice hands of Arbel to show us the paths to town and the waterfall and the mango trees, and to just be wonderful and awesome. And Yvette who kept our villa looking beautiful and perfect every day -- (I like to clean too so I hope that made her day as well)! I promised myself I wouldn't make this ultra long because I want people to read it and go. I'm sure there are other places to stay in Montezuma that people liked or even loved but I can't imagine that any would compare to the tranquility and beauty of a place and the people than Casa Frangipani. It was the cone and the cherry on top!!! We can't wait to come back--Arbel kept saying how beautiful the water is in the summer so we will be back in the summer! Casa Frangipani is definitely more a place for couples and friends--it's peaceful, relaxing, time slows down (I swear)--and extra amazing.

Montezuma is a magical place. There is so much beauty everywhere both in nature and in the hearts of the people there. Please go to Playa Grande--during low tide---and it will take your breath away! The beach stretches out for miles, the waves are calm and low-- barely there. Swim in the Cascada -getting there will be an adventure but you will be rewarded with beauty and a refreshing cool that will soothe and invigorate you simultaneously. And for those who just have too, jump from the rocks--and for those of you who just know you will, jump from the top of the waterfall into the refreshing pool below. Go home with some handmade jewelry from a fire dance instructor, an out of this world artist--climbing stairs to heaven, and a seasoned artist willing to season your life with nature's spices.Zip line right by some howler monkeys who "woot" "woot" you in on your final line (happened for real).Surfing at Playa Grande whether it is your first time or not is an awesome time every time. Buy some empanadas from in front of the futbol field that are hot from the oil to your bag. And for food....so much goodness in such a little space...everyone has their favorites--but when we are in Costa Rica we only want local food (comida tipica). We are a house divided --she says Monte Sol has the best casado con pescado but I say Deliciosas does. But for breakfast only Monte Sol (we both agree). Sano Banano has a delicious fish wrap and some really good chicken nachos!!

We loved it here and we love Costa Rica.

Rebeca I hope you read this--hello and thank you again for everything it was one of our best vacations ever! (and please tell Arbel for me)

Hola mi amigo Arbel, pederte me nuestros conversaciones--veo pronto. Que le vaya bien!

Go to Montezuma, stay in Casa Frangipani, go home happy!

Liked best: Everything
Hate-bein...
Toronto, Canada
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed 30 April 2012 for a stay in March 2012
person found this review helpful

Can't say enough of how much we loved this place.
Beautifully manicured, quiet, clean....... perfect space with a view.
We loved just sitting by the pool, reading or enjoying the big walk-out deck from the bedroom, looking out at the ocean view and teeming with life hillside.
It's close enough to walk to the beach or into town. We both ate out at a few delicious restaurants in town and cooked our own meals in the basically stocked kitchenette. We had everything we needed!
Be sure to take a walk through the jungle to the nearby waterfalls

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view from the deck
Travelling group: With Friends
Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$120
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing