I went by to check out the facility in late March. My sister was speaking with reception and there was a dog lying on a nearby bench. I gently leaned in to pet him/her and was bit on my hand and bleeding within seconds! I don't think that startled the dog since I approached very slowly, but something in that creature snapped. The guy at reception was horrified but useless. My sister had to ask him for some peroxide and bandaids. I ran to the kitchen to rinse my bleeding hand. All I remembered was fangs and a growl at me before I must've closed my eyes and screamed. The other people staying there was startled by what had happened but told me that there was a sign that says not to pet the dog. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??! You have a pit-bull who tends to bite people at a PUBLIC HOSTEL??! That's like making a sign to warn people to not board the sinking ship, but if it goes down. Oh well, your fault. You didnt see the sign. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE. Irresponsible management.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wake up to the sounds of the jungle. Luz en el Cielo B&B/Hostel is located just out of Montezuma's town center. This well-rated, classy hostel is great for solo travelers, families and couples. We currently have four dorm rooms, three private cabinas and a fully equipped house. Enjoy a communal kitchen, and lounge area available to all guests. A 100% bio-organic breakfast sourced from local farms in Costa Rica, is included for every guest, every morning! Come stay at your new home in the jungle! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Luz en el Cielo Eco-B&B/Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luz En El Cielo Eco-b&b/ Hotel Montezuma
- Luz En El Cielo Eco-Bed And Breakfast/Hostel