“worth a visit”

Ranked #8 of 39 Restaurants in Montezuma
Price range: US$4 - US$15
Cuisines: International, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of Montezuma with a great outdoor patio. We serve vegetarian, vegan, sushi, pasta, chicken, fresh seafood and much much more...
Reviewed 6 December 2011

went here several times for the food and film nights. food was delicious!!!

There are newer reviews for El Sano Banano Restaurant

Reviewed 28 November 2011

First let me say that if you go to El Sano Banano and want a great dining experience then make sure you eat outside in the patio! We started inside and quickly moved outside when we realized that the wildlife was right outside the door. Iguana, red squirrels, birds including a bunch of these birds that resemble Bluejays we have in Louisiana but with a plume or crown on top of thier heads. We put had a left over piece of garlic toast with guacamole on it and we had like 10 of them around for our enjoyment and photo ops. As for the food it is really good. The Sushi was amazing and we did have one problem when I ordered the garlilc toast and Guacamole, I was telling the waiter that I had four people from my group on my tab but he brought out 4 orders of toast and Guac. That's a lot for even 8 people. Yes they don't serve beer but there is a grocery right next door and they let you bring it in. Wanted to try a few restaurants but we were so full from this one we never did. Pura Vida!

Reviewed 21 November 2011

Such a varied menu. No beer but they serve wine. They serve three meals a day and the prices are pretty average. Don't miss this one!

Reviewed 19 November 2011

I ate here twice in one day and could've easily eaten there every day for a week, if I had stayed for a week! The menu was so expansive... there are options for everyone. I ended up staying for the movies in the evening, even though I hadn't initially planned on doing so. It was such a nice event! The food was delicious too. My only "complaint"/suggestion is regarding the penne pesto I ordered. Especially since the restaurant advertises as being HEALTHY, they really need to put some veggies in that dish! It was just pesto sauce, pasta, and cheese. Although it was delicious, this dish definitely needs some veggies to make it a little healthier. I used to work at a pasta restaurant, and we had a similar dish, but it was served with broccoli, tomatoes, and mushrooms.

Regardless, I would recommend this restaurant to anyone and everyone. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 24 September 2011

This restaurant looked great from the street and I loved the idea that they put on a free film out the back for those having dinner.

Our food was packed full of flavour, but my pasta did borderon overdoing flavour! I love garlic but this probably had about 20 garlic cloves in the sauce - great for me as a garlic lover but probably not everyone's ideal meal!!! Overall we thought the food was quite good, pasta al dente and all the food was fresh.

But.... unfortunately when it came time to pay the waiter short changed us three times! At first we thought it was a simple mistake/miscalculation, but we realised quickly from his reaction that they knew they short changed us and again it was incorrect. We asked again for our correct change and it still wasnt right, despite using a computerised cash till/register!

Despite a nice night up until this, unfortunately it left a bad taste in our mouth (other than all that garlic!).

Enjoy the food & films, but watch your change

YlangYlangManagement, Owner at El Sano Banano Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2011

Let me first thank you for alerting us to a possible untrustworthy (dishonorable) staff member.
We immediately investigated what happened after we read your review. The waiter, Juan, who served you, remembered straight away what happened that night. He said he felt very embarrassed and that the errors had been made by the cashier. We talked to Jeanette the cashier and she admitted she was distracted and made the blunder by not being concentrated on your bill. She is new and under observation.
In the 21 years we have been operating we have had to let go of some dishonest people and have learned to hand pick our staff very carefully.
We feel the waiter who has been working with us for years is innocent (honest) and the cashier made an unfortunate error. The error was strongly called to the attention of our staff and made clear such mistakes are unacceptable.
Regarding your food, your dishes were penne arribiata and pesto which are both, per definition, recipes that are heavy on the garlic. Of course, we have many other options that are flavored with other herbs and require little if any garlic...
We appreciate your review and always regard our guests with the utmost respect.

Patricia