“Great place in Montezuma”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Los Mangos

and 1 more site!
Hotel Los Mangos
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Montezuma
Montreal, Canada
“Great place in Montezuma”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2010

I loved my stay at the hotel. It is not a %star hotel but the room are clean the bathroom too. We had a room without AC. But we knew. and it was fine with 2 big window. The pool is GREAT. And there is a restaurant BEAUTIFUL in front of the Hotel call Playa del Artistas or something like that!! I would recommande you that hotel. Even for Backpacker cause the room we were in was cheap and perfect! I didnt see the bungalow but I heard GREAT things about them if you can pay a bit more.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Cayucos, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2010

I'm scratching my head at some of these reviews. This place was simple, beautiful and tranquil. The staff was polite and the owner kindly contacted the national wildlife rescue service for a wounded owl I returned to the hotel with. The place was the perfect walking distance from town. The animals (pets and wild) rule over the place and provide entertainment. I loved the howler monkeys in the early morning...you're in the jungle for crying out loud! I can't wait to return.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank amg662
Alberta, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2010

We arrived in Montezuma without a hotel reservation over the Christmas Holidays and had to scramble to find somewhere to stay. We ended up at the Hotel Los Manos where they had one available room. The lady who checked us in was very helpful, but the room was definately only the bare essentials. There was no air conditioning on a very hot night which made sleeping difficullt. Just a room, small not so comfortable bed, and a bathroom.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Montezuma hotels

Ottawa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2010

We stayed at Los Mangos for afew days and WOW, what a place.
We stayed in Cabina 14 which is new ad it was clean and did not have any issues wiht the room. Great little balcony with a hamock too!

It is a 5 min walk into the center of Montezuma and is perfectly located!

We ate at CocoLunes and the food was awesome. Thre is also a FABULOUS organic restaurant in Montezuma too...WOW!
Internet can be sketchy in town, but this hotel does not have any internet service.

A great place for the price....awesome for sure!!!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
nyc
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2010

I spent the night in the $82 private bungalow up in the hill. The front desk person rounded downward when telling me the price, which I thought was wrong, because I like to know the exact amount of a room, not an estimate. The bungalow was very dimly lit so I could barely see into my suitcase in the evening. The bugs ate me alive that night in the very old and rickety mattress with just a sheet and no real blanket when it got cold in the night and I couldn't close the windows. There was no internet station for me to check email and the front desk woman informed me that the fellow who was using his computer on the porch of the front desk/registration area was prohibited from doing so. The hotel was a ten minute walk outside of the center of the town. However, in fairness, the front desk person gave me valuable input regarding my bus ride out of town and how to avoid paying a ridiculously overpriced taxi fare. Overall, the place was not worth the cost.

Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2010

I think that the hardest part about my stay in Montezuma was making the decision to finally leave! I have found a little piece of paradise at Hotel Los Mangos, that has left me scheming about my return since the day of my departure! The grounds there are truly what I've always imagined of Costa RIca....private teak bungalows, hammocks, mango trees, howler monkeys, and ocean views. Montezuma Yoga Center, located on the property, has daily classes with awesome instructors, and sets an underlying tone of peace and relaxation here. There is just something about this place that sucks you in....that makes you walk a little slower, listen more attentively, look with a softer gaze, and savor the beauty of even the smallest of details.

This place is charming and private, the mood is relaxed and unpretentious, the staff is gracious and courteous.....totally my kind of getaway.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
frankfurt
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2010

such a rude owner, who is disliked by the whole village. he doesn't care about customers at all, and never seen the word SERVICE in front of his eyes. if you want to send your pennies wisely choose someone else.....offer is plentiful in MOntezuma, but they don't offer what they promise in Los Mangos!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends