Sano Banano Beachside Hotel
Hotel Lucy(Montezuma)
  • Free Internet
Hotel La Cascada(Montezuma)
View Hotel
All reviewssister resortylang ylanghot watercosta ricaincluded breakfastboat taxiexcellent staystaff was very friendly and helpfulmiddle of townspecial thanksper nightwould highly recommend this hotellarge roomchecking outmontezuma beachreception desklaid back
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Price, location, food, and the hospitable and accommodating staff makes this place a GREAT value for the money!

Room Tip: Some rooms have windows that
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 October 2011

I stayed in Montezuma for a month and on my last night I stayed at El Sano Banano before heading out of town. The food was great, order the brownie with ice cream! Staff are nice. the room was ok... not the cleanest but it worked for a one night stay in town.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank hiyahVancouver
Reviewed 3 October 2011

I traveled to Montezuma alone to meet a friend and the friend knew about El Sano Banano Hotel, so I stayed there my entire trip. Ten days. I am so glad I did. The food was the best ever, I was amazed at the care and quality that goes into their dishes. I ate there everyday at least twice and had a variety of menu items, all were excellent. The staff was so helpful to me also, always ready to help out. They also spoke English very well, so if my Spanish wasn't up to par, I could communicate well in English. I was so impressed with everything. The tours all leave from right in front or back of the hotel too, so I could go everywhere without renting a vehicle.

The rooms are nice and clean, I needed to move because of a severe electical storm blew out my a/c and I was moved immediately. I will return to El Sano Banano on my next trip to Montezuma. The town is sweet, quaint and very friendly. I also felt very safe, they have security all evening. It was the best experience as far as food, room, staff, and ease of travel on a vacation I have ever had.

Room Tip: If you like having a window in your room they are available, not all rooms have windows. Just ask.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights in September. The staff were great. Our room was quiet and the place felt secure. The shower was luke warm. The breakfast menu to start the day had something fresh for everyone. - as did the rest of the menu. The only down side was the sister resort Yiang Yiang closes between Sept and November so there wasn't access to a pool.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We got a last minute green season special for 45 dollars a night including a la carte breakfast and it was a great deal. The hotel is in the middle of montezuma which is a tiny village, so it was a bit noisy from the bar some nights but I didn't have any problems sleeping being tired out from all the fun things to do. The toilet in our room had a few issues with it but was all promptly fixed by the unfailingly cheerful and friendly staff. The room had a double bed and a single bed, tv, shelves and air conditioning. It was kept impeccably clean. I think another review mentioned bugs but we didn't see any anywhere, only enjoyed seeing lizards scuttling around outside!
We went to isla tortuga on a day trip which was lovely, water was pretty murky from the rainy season but to be expected! The zip line canopy is way fun and not far from montezuma. El Chorro waterfall is a long walk north along the beach and definitely worth it, just make sure you bring water and sunscreen! Everyone said that during high season montezuma is really a party town, if that's your thing.
Ps the brownie at the cafe is awesome and did I mention the staff niceness factor?

• Stayed: September 2011