My boyfriend and I stayed at OSA Mountain Village for 3 nights (1 in the jungle and 2 in a villa) and thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it. Honestly, our friends who live in Uvita had suggested it, but we really didn’t know what to expect. It was more of a community than a “resort”. Everyone treated us like family right from the beginning and we felt safe and welcomed. Our concierge, Duane Overturf, was very helpful and accommodating to the many changes we made to our reservation. We took advantage of several tours that they can book for you, including the canopy tour, Mangrove tour and a guided hike into the jungle to spend the night. There is so much to do on your own as well, with the VERY cool butterfly garden being within walking distance and lots of jungle hiking to waterfalls, etc. We had been dropped off by our friend and we didn’t have a car, so once we were on the mountain, we didn’t leave until our shuttle (which happened to be Duane himself (a super treat we didn’t expect) took us to Quepos to catch a flight back to San Jose. One thing to note, the accommodations are nicely appointed with anything you need to cook, etc, but there is no store (yet) on the mountain. So if you don’t have a car or don’t want to make the drive down the mountain, come with some snacks or drinks to keep in your villa between meals. Speaking of meals, we got on the meal plan, because we didn’t have transportation to drive off the mountain. They serve 3 meals a day which were always super fresh and delicious. Dinner is family style where guests and residents can join and you are right at home. If we go back to Costa Rica, we plan on exploring other areas of the country, but will probably book a couple of nights back at OSA Mountain as well, to spend time with the good friends we felt like we made while there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come for a visit and stay for a lifetime at Osa Mountain Village & Toucan Valley. Just north of the Osa Peninsula and just south of Ojocal and Dominical sits our 750 acres of rainforest with waterfalls, incredible ocean views, hiking trails and lots of things to do. You can experience the jungle from your patio of one of our 1, 2 or 3 bedroom villas. We offer light food options two or three times a week as occupancy demands. We offer adult beverages as well at our tiki bar. You have a full kitchen in your villa with fresh fruits and vegetables grown on site and delivered twice a week. We invite you to visit us and enjoy nature at its finest in one of the happiest countries on the planet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK) and Evoline ltd so you can book your Osa Mountain Rainforest Villas & Adventures reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Osa Mountain Village Hotel Osa Peninsula
- Osa Mountain Rainforest Villas & Adventures Costa Rica/Osa Peninsula