* The El Remanso jeep and staff greeted me at the Puerto Jimenez airport with a smile and great service. The 40 minute ride to the gorgeous El Remanso property included stops to see owls, monkeys, and other animals. The Osa Peninsula is pristine and gorgeous. You can't find a better location.
* The staff at El Remanso is highly knowledgeable about the history, current activities, and zeitgeist of their region. They are beyond helpful and do everything they can to make your stay wonderful. When I arrived around 1pm, they assured me that they had multiple food options ready for me and that I could nap in my suite before I ate. I took a wonderful nap listening to the ocean from my huge suite that overlooked their land and ocean. I then had lunch near their pool and watched birds feed on their lush trees. I could not have been happier or more relaxed. Their restaurant area, bar, and pool are wonderful.
* My activities there for 5 days were incredible! The guides were A+ in execution, knowledge, planning, and spirit. They are passionate about what they do. I loved waterfall repelling, hiking at night to see nocturnal animals, bird watching at 5am, visiting the pristine beaches, getting a great massage, and meeting wonderful guests. I loved the staff ... did I mention that?
* During my 19 days in Costa Rica, I also went to the Arenal region and the Nicoya Peninsula. The OSA peninsula and specifically El Remanso were my favorites. I highly encourage you to visit there. Just fly to San Jose, hop on a Sansa or Nature Air flight to Peurto Jimenez and get El Remanso to pick you up. The jeep ride is not free, but it’s worth every penny. The drivers avoid all bumps in the road and show you animals you would never notice.
* The energy at El Remanso is perfect for relaxation and health. Of course you can have any as many zesty beverages as you’d like, but you feel wonderful there just resting in your hammock, dipping in the pool, reading a book in the shade of their great decks, lounging on their sofas, talking with the fascinating owners from Spain, Germany, and the US. Their staff is all local and super friendly.
* You can see their land and hotel on their website, ElRemanso.com, so I’m only adding my photos that show what isn’t on their site.
* Happy Travels!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your El Remanso Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Remanso Hotel Osa Peninsula
- El Remanso Osa
- El Remanso Lodge Costa Rica/Osa Peninsula