“Good for what it is.”

Shoney's
Ranked #32 of 50 Restaurants in Wetumpka
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Good for what it is.”
Reviewed 14 May 2012 via mobile

In a lot of my reviews I get irritated at people who go into a 2 star place and expect 4 star service. Luckily I haven't seen that here. It's Shoney's. And being a Shoney's you're going to get Shoney's. Southern style food buffet with alright waiters/ress. Not going to go back because the food made me sick, but I'm not complaining. It's Shoney's.

Eclectic, Alabama
“Buffet Style”
Reviewed 7 May 2012

This is a typical buffet with mostly typical fare. I am not real fond of this style of eating, but the food was adequate. I am also not fond of establishments that cater to religion, at this Shoney's if you bring your church pamphlet you get 10% off on Sunday. I would rather see a 10% military discount everyday!

Visited March 2012
Wetumpka
“Good service, excellent food bar”
Reviewed 24 May 2010

My husband and I took our 11 year old daughter and 4 year old son out to eat at Shoney's. We all ordered from the buffet. The food was down-home Southern and delicious. They had a more than decent variety and even had the makings of strawberry shortcake on the bar. Yummy! The price was reasonable. The children got crayons and a kid's page with pictures and puzzels. We definitely would go back and next time we'll try to take the whole family (all 9 of us!).

Texas
“Shoney's in Wetumpka”
Reviewed 18 September 2008

The food was good, but the customer service really stunk. We had one good waiter. He had no clue really. As a former waitress/cook myself, it was embarassing. He did an ok job, but ran his mouth too much and made comments that would not have pleased his manager I'm sure. Told us not to order breakfast items or the cooks would leave. Told us over and over that it would be nice if we ate off the buffet because all the cooks had gone home except one and he might walk out too. He did get our food out in a relatively timely manner, but we were informed that he left as soon as he finished ours. Like we needed to know all that? So yeah, a little TMI. But the food was good.