“Somewhat dirty.”

Cuisines: American
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Somewhat dirty.”
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I went here this morning to eat breakfast, and first thing before the meal I saw a bug crawling across the floor. Next after I got my drink I noticed a bug floating in it. Then after I got my food, I bit into an ice taste of eggshell in my eggs. The pecans on my pancakes tasted as though they had been left in the freezer too long. I enjoyed it as best I could; however, I will probably not return. I did tell the cashier about the problem with the eggs and she did fix it. That may have been the highlight of the meal.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank justiceleague13

Wetumpka
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Much needed re-visit!”
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I went to Shoney's with my family a lot a decade or so ago and I don't know why we stopped, but Friday night we all decided to stop by. Showed up with 12 people and was greeted at the door with a smile and a young lady who quickly set us up a large table in the back. EXACTLY WHAT WE ALL NEEDED in a get together, but I expected to have to be separated a little, so that was great. My service and the food was outstanding and I almost forgot I was at a buffet (assuming buffets are rarely well-kept and service at family restaurants aren't always the best). My wife and I ordered the buffet and it had sirloin steak, ribs, shrimp, fish, cheese bread and more which were all fresh and delicious. My waitress mentioned several appetizers and deserts for only .99. We got fried green tomatoes and they were like icing on the cake. At the end of our meal, my server thanked us and invited us to return on Thursday because the buffet is only 4.99. We may just be there Thursday as well. Great experience.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank BobKnight77
“Good for what it is.”
Reviewed 14 May 2012 via mobile

In a lot of my reviews I get irritated at people who go into a 2 star place and expect 4 star service. Luckily I haven't seen that here. It's Shoney's. And being a Shoney's you're going to get Shoney's. Southern style food buffet with alright waiters/ress. Not going to go back because the food made me sick, but I'm not complaining. It's Shoney's.

Eclectic, Alabama
“Buffet Style”
Reviewed 7 May 2012

This is a typical buffet with mostly typical fare. I am not real fond of this style of eating, but the food was adequate. I am also not fond of establishments that cater to religion, at this Shoney's if you bring your church pamphlet you get 10% off on Sunday. I would rather see a 10% military discount everyday!

Visited March 2012
Wetumpka
“Good service, excellent food bar”
Reviewed 24 May 2010

My husband and I took our 11 year old daughter and 4 year old son out to eat at Shoney's. We all ordered from the buffet. The food was down-home Southern and delicious. They had a more than decent variety and even had the makings of strawberry shortcake on the bar. Yummy! The price was reasonable. The children got crayons and a kid's page with pictures and puzzels. We definitely would go back and next time we'll try to take the whole family (all 9 of us!).