We (my girlfriend and I ) spent 8 amazing nights here. It really is a true eco-lodge There are cabins and tent cabins spread through out the property. If you are expecting walls, electricity, ac, fans, tv then this is not for you. The accommodations are set among nature. the beds are quite comfy, and do have mosquito nets, but you do feel somewhat exposed at first, but you soon fit in to being close to nature. The Main lodge, is amazing, it is where the meals are served, and the bar is located here as well. It is an amazing view from the lodge's deck overlooking the property and pacific . The Finca website is pretty clear about the cabins, and their locations. Some of the cabins are located a 5 min hike up a hillside, the view and rooms are amazing, but it is a bit of a trek making the trip multiple times a day, you would be best served to pack beach belongings and needs, as opposed to making that trip too many times. The food was wonderful, the chef Coco is a master, he creates amazing meals, utilizing fresh fruits and veggies from the properties own gardens, as well as fresh caught fish from the local fishermen. Coco was truly a pleasure to meet and to experience his culinary delights. The property is virtually at the end of the road in Carate. The Corcovado park is a short hike away, and well worth making, Don't be too worried about the lack of walls in the cabins, they do have the feel of a true cabin, just a bit more open air. The 24/7 sounds are indescribable, from howler monkeys to cicada to white face and spider monkeys, to every kind of rainforest creature as well as the ever present pounding surf of the open pacific, you are sure to experience it all here. The staff and owner were all very helpful, they were there to be helpful, but there is also a feeling of having space and privacy that is much desired in this kind of environment. The design and concept of Finca was incredibly well thought out. Do bring flashlights, and bug spray if you are bug sensitive. Also bring in any snacks and personal needs, as there are no stores nearby, You would be well served to shop at the grocery in PJ prior to setting off for FInca.
This is getting back to nature, life off the grid. A true nature experience with great food and amazing memories.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Finca Exotica eco lodge is a Wildlife Refuge property in this pristine area of Costa Rica, and the closest place to Corcovado National Park accessible by car.Our beach lodge is equipped to meet all of your needs – be it a romantic couple’s escape, a group retreat, a professional conference or a family vacation. Our facilities surround our central meeting place, Casa Grande, which hosts the organic food restaurant with a communal dining table and stretches out to an amphitheater suited for presentations and lectures by day and dance parties by night. Between them is the bar and together they all encompass the terrace where you can lounge under the open sky or swing in a hamock in the shades of almond trees, while Scarlett Macaws are feeding on them. Tents, cabins, rentals and other facilities stem out from this centerpiece to provide easy access near the beach, an isolated meditation ambiance and quaint trails that lead you through the labyrinth of exotic plant life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Evoline ltd so you can book your Finca Exotica Ecolodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finca Exotica Hotel Carate
- Finca Exotica Ecolodge Costa Rica/Carate