We stayed at La Tarde prior to hiking into Corcovado to the Sirena ranger station. We really enjoyed our stay. The staff was so warm, friendly, helpful and hospitable. It is rustic, no doubt, but we loved it. If you like birds, the location is ideal. From the great house area up the hill you will see flocks of scarlet macaws, roadside hawks, king vultures, magnificent frigatebirds, great kiskadees, swallow-tailed kites, tropical kingbirds and hummingbirds. In the meadow and around the property we saw riverside wrens, plain xenops, chestnut-backed antbird, blacked-hooded antshrike, bright-rumped attila, paltry tyrannulet, cherrie's tanager, variable seedeaters, and blue black grassquits among many other. We stayed in a tent cabin which was is as close to camping in the rainforest as you can possibly get without pitching a tent yourself. It was cozy and comfortable. There was a very clean restroom and outdoor shower across the meadow. Every morning we were awakened by the sounds of howler monkeys and a delightful dawn chorus of bird song. The beach across the way is pristine and practically deserted. While walking on it one morning we met some people from the sea turtle rescue project down the road and they invited us to come along on their night patrol. We saw three turtles digging nests and laying eggs.
By the way the food was incredibly delicious and the beer was icy cold. It was such a great experience. I heartily recommend Finca Exotica for anyone who loves nature.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Finca Exotica eco lodge is a Wildlife Refuge property in this pristine area of Costa Rica, and the closest place to Corcovado National Park accessible by car.Our beach lodge is equipped to meet all of your needs – be it a romantic couple’s escape, a group retreat, a professional conference or a family vacation. Our facilities surround our central meeting place, Casa Grande, which hosts the organic food restaurant with a communal dining table and stretches out to an amphitheater suited for presentations and lectures by day and dance parties by night. Between them is the bar and together they all encompass the terrace where you can lounge under the open sky or swing in a hamock in the shades of almond trees, while Scarlett Macaws are feeding on them. Tents, cabins, rentals and other facilities stem out from this centerpiece to provide easy access near the beach, an isolated meditation ambiance and quaint trails that lead you through the labyrinth of exotic plant life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Finca Exotica Ecolodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finca Exotica Hotel Carate
- Finca Exotica Ecolodge Costa Rica/Carate