Getting there is a bit of an adventure and requires small plan out of San Jose to Puerto Jimenez, bumpy taxi ride through lovely farmland to Carate and 45 minute walk on the beach to the ecolodge. Your luggage is brought by horse and cart. We were a bit worried about how this would go but it worked fabulously. Lodge was gorgeous! Lodge grounds are beautiful. Fantastic open air bar- restaurant- meeting -greeting area decorated with wood carvings of local artist. Platform tents comfortable clean lovely. Food by Chef Paul abundant and delicious. Drinks served by Carlos at the bar wonderful. Guided trips into Corcovado terrific. Guides Luis (new kid on the block) and Bolivar (experienced wise one) were fabulous. Saw so many plants and animals and by asking learned much of local culture. Never saw a puma but followed fresh tracks. Did see many monkeys:spiders, white faced, and squirrel, tons of Coati, anteater deer, and so many wonderful birds. Gorgeous sunrises in one direction and beautiful sunsets in the other. Incredibly warm and accomodating people at LaLeona- wanted to get a job washing dishes there so I could stay forever. When we left we felt like we had known the folks at the lodge forever. Can not wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located at the entrance of Corcovado National Park, on the Osa Peninsula of Costa Rica, nestled in the most beautiful, primary rainforest and surrounded by the Pacific Ocean. Come and see for yourself what paradise looks like, and enjoy all the attention and accommodations of a lavish stay in the wild! Prepare yourself to embark on the journey of a lifetime! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your La Leona Eco Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Leona Eco Hotel Corcovado National Park
- La Leona Eco Lodge Costa Rica/Carate