great experience "roughing it out" with no electricity and cold shower but we opted for a private bathroom so that was quite a luxury, outdoor showers, lots of hammocks on the grounds and great views of the ocean. Undecided if i should recommend this property, perhaps for a night en-route or returning from Sirena, but not really as a destination hotel.
Pros: the food by Pablo is incredible. the views are amazing, very near to Corcovado.Tent was cleaned every day. Close to a nice little river. No mosquitos in tent even though the velcro of the tent did not close properly. We saw baby turtles going to the ocean on the beach walk way back to Carate!
Cons: pricey, even in low season it was more than USD 200 for a tent. Only two tents were occupied so we rarely saw staff around in the afternoons. Velcro of tent especially to the bath area was always a bit damp and icky to touch. Very tough to get to with 2.5 hours on an incredibly bumpy colectivo bus and then 40 mins hiking on hot sand i had lots of bites on my feet and legs after the stay (about 50 small bites). Trail to Rio Madrigal is only so-so.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located at the entrance of Corcovado National Park, on the Osa Peninsula of Costa Rica, nestled in the most beautiful, primary rainforest and surrounded by the Pacific Ocean. Come and see for yourself what paradise looks like, and enjoy all the attention and accommodations of a lavish stay in the wild! Prepare yourself to embark on the journey of a lifetime! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your La Leona Eco Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Leona Eco Hotel Corcovado National Park
- La Leona Eco Lodge Costa Rica/Carate