I love this place. Sure, I saw more wildlife staying there than anywhere else in Costa Rica, I woke up in a beautiful tent staring at the ocean, and had three meals included daily, but the important thing is the people; the bartenders, the cooks, the staff, and the owner. It is refreshing to talk with a family that has been in the area for almost a hundred years now. The drinks are poured generously, along with everything else.
That being said, it is a little tough to get out here. The collectivo can be rough sometimes, but the road is not that bad. Also, there is not much to do except hike. The surfing ok, but the not the best (you can ignore the rip current warnings). I think this is a good thing as it keeps the up tight gringos at bay.
The tents are not for modest people. They don't really shut that well, but we were up front so there was a good breeze and surprisingly very little bugs.
The prices keep going up, but a great stay nonetheless.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located at the entrance of Corcovado National Park, on the Osa Peninsula of Costa Rica, nestled in the most beautiful, primary rainforest and surrounded by the Pacific Ocean. Come and see for yourself what paradise looks like, and enjoy all the attention and accommodations of a lavish stay in the wild! Prepare yourself to embark on the journey of a lifetime! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Agoda, Odigeo and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Leona Eco Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Leona Eco Hotel Corcovado National Park
- La Leona Eco Lodge Costa Rica/Carate