We only stayed at La Leona Lodge overnight as we were hiking to La Sirena but definitely want to go back for a longer stay.
It is one of the most stunning places we've visited. The elevated tented cabins are situated only meters from the ocean and all night long you can hear the crashing waves from your room.
While it's an incredibly romantic spot, the single beds don't allow for much romance and one needs to be prepared with flashlights since there is no electricity. It's certainly not for the person who wants to be pampered but we found it to be a wonderful little haven after walking along the beach from Carate to begin the hike.
If you stay here, do not go into the ocean as the waves are large and the riptides incredibly powerful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located at the entrance of Corcovado National Park, on the Osa Peninsula of Costa Rica, nestled in the most beautiful, primary rainforest and surrounded by the Pacific Ocean. Come and see for yourself what paradise looks like, and enjoy all the attention and accommodations of a lavish stay in the wild! Prepare yourself to embark on the journey of a lifetime! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your La Leona Eco Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Leona Eco Hotel Corcovado National Park
- La Leona Eco Lodge Costa Rica/Carate