La Leona Lodge is a 30 minute walk or horse-shuttle ride from Carate. It's the very last establishment, (besides the park reservation shack/basically-free camping spot) the very last anything you will see besides scarlet macaws, dolphins and howler monkeys for a very very long time. It's located right on the gorgeous beach, albeit one that is dangerous to swim in due to strong rip currents.
The meals are very good; they are also large, because they're served to backpackers coming off of multi-day treks in the rainforest. The cocktails are out of this world!
The owners are sweet, friendly and helpful. The bathrooms are very clean and functional.
The rooms are mostly little "tent cabinas". Individual screened-in little rooms with just a bed & bath towel, and outside a private, wooden front porch. There are no doors that lock, you can leave valuables in the safe at the front check-in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located at the entrance of Corcovado National Park, on the Osa Peninsula of Costa Rica, nestled in the most beautiful, primary rainforest and surrounded by the Pacific Ocean. Come and see for yourself what paradise looks like, and enjoy all the attention and accommodations of a lavish stay in the wild! Prepare yourself to embark on the journey of a lifetime! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Evoline ltd and Agoda so you can book your La Leona Eco Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Leona Eco Hotel Corcovado National Park
- La Leona Eco Lodge Costa Rica/Carate